Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 07:57 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Quick heads up for those who have Speedster allocations ... PCNA sent a note about this to the dealerships and your SA should have told you but I'll post it here jic.

In the configurator it used to just say "2-Zone Automatic Climate Control" ... now it says "2-Zone Automatic Climate Control incl. Air Conditioning"

If you don't pick the 2-Zone you won't get air conditioning. A lot of people (including myself) didn't click on the option assuming that the car came with AC and the 2-Zone was an additional feature and their build locked that way (mine hasn't yet) and it has been a pita to remedy.
I flagged this in the configurator discussion. Back to Porsche being Porsche ....
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
ruuddevil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche of Nashville has a November build slot available.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:30 AM
993RR
Burning Brakes

Received 260 Likes on 158 Posts

Will PTS with LTS be more desirable in years to come than the Heritage Pack? A PTS 4.0 RS is more desirable (& worth more $s) but the car was otherwise identical to the Black and White standard colours. Heritage has some unique features i.e Black calipers, bespoke interior, gold lettering...

Last edited by 993RR; 06-06-2019 at 02:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:24 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd say Heritage Package. Unless your PTS is heavily CXX optioned to truly make one of one.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by 993RR
Will PTS with LTS be more desirable in years to come than the Heritage Pack? A PTS 4.0 RS is more desirable (& worth more $s) but the car was otherwise identical to the Black and White standard colours. Heritage has some unique features i.e Black callipers, bespoke interior, gold lettering...
Old 06-06-2019, 11:25 AM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

I went with HP. i wasn't offered PTS, but even if i was, I'd go HP. I think it will be more desirable longterm. I got it because i love how it looks.
Old 06-06-2019, 12:52 PM
haarismir
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its sold
Old 06-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Agent_Orange
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Black calipers?
Have Porsche gone mad ?
LOL
While Ferrari gladly charge thousands for your caliper color choice, Porsche has shunned these easy profits for years. Perhaps the lure of easy money is starting to appeal ...
Old 06-06-2019, 01:52 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,134 Likes on 2,892 Posts

Originally Posted by Agent_Orange
Black calipers?
Have Porsche gone mad ?
LOL
While Ferrari gladly charge thousands for your caliper color choice, Porsche has shunned these easy profits for years. Perhaps the lure of easy money is starting to appeal ...
I think Porsche was relying on their "branding" strategy of coloring various brake options the same to sell more expensive vehicle and brake options:

Black - Base (free)
Silver - Used to be used with AWD 911 models
Red - S/GTS/GT3/Spyder-GT4/Turbo (means you upgraded from the base vehicle)
White - new Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) - silicon carbide long lasting, low dusting (costly option)
Yellow - Turbo S (993) Iron or PCCB Carbon Ceramic (very expensive option or standard on expensive cars like Turbo S and GT2)
Acid Green - Hybrid models (expensive)

So by letting people choose their own colored calipers, it diminishes the show-off quality of the above colors that is aspirational for people to upgrade to a more expensive model vehicle or brake option...
Old 06-06-2019, 02:23 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I like silver, or black, or rusted cad plating for my calipers.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:18 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I think Porsche was relying on their "branding" strategy of coloring various brake options the same to sell more expensive vehicle and brake options:

Black - Base (free)
Silver - Used to be used with AWD 911 models
Red - S/GTS/GT3/Spyder-GT4/Turbo (means you upgraded from the base vehicle)
White - new Porsche Surface Coated Brake (PSCB) - silicon carbide long lasting, low dusting (costly option)
Yellow - Turbo S (993) Iron or PCCB Carbon Ceramic (very expensive option or standard on expensive cars like Turbo S and GT2)
Acid Green - Hybrid models (expensive)

So by letting people choose their own colored calipers, it diminishes the show-off quality of the above colors that is aspirational for people to upgrade to a more expensive model vehicle or brake option...
Now Speedster buyers must pay extra to get black base Boxster calipers. Aspirational indeed...
Old 06-06-2019, 07:03 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know what the deal is with official allocations? I was told that they have not been formally provided yet to dealerships. Any truth to this information?
Old 06-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Evo X
Racer

Received 302 Likes on 102 Posts

Order freeze on Heritage package. If you didn't already have it on your build, it cannot be added at this time.

Originally Posted by robcut1
Does anyone know what the deal is with official allocations? I was told that they have not been formally provided yet to dealerships. Any truth to this information?
All dealerships should have their allocations by now.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:01 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Evo X
Order freeze on Heritage package. If you didn't already have it on your build, it cannot be added at this time.

All dealerships should have their allocations by now.
Locking PTS early, cutting off heritage package, Porsche penalizing dealers sitting on allocations demanding big ADM.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:30 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 777 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Locking PTS early, cutting off heritage package, Porsche penalizing dealers sitting on allocations demanding big ADM.
Dealers don’t care and don’t see it as a penalty. Easy for them to pick the options and there will be someone that buys it anyway. Easier to deal with. My local dealer is getting one and they had interested parties (even one that would pay $50k adm) and they still decided to spec it themselves and are waiting for it to show up on the floor before they sell it. I’m in the development business and when I have a hot commodity, I would do the same thing.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:44 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by joejenie
Dealers don’t care and don’t see it as a penalty. Easy for them to pick the options and there will be someone that buys it anyway. Easier to deal with. My local dealer is getting one and they had interested parties (even one that would pay $50k adm) and they still decided to spec it themselves and are waiting for it to show up on the floor before they sell it. I’m in the development business and when I have a hot commodity, I would do the same thing.
Fair enough, but unless the specced it PTS or HP or sold it to the highest bidder before it locked, they are not maximizing the value.

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies