Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 12:12 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by erik_plus8
The ECU most likely measures pressure before and after GPF, to determine soot-load and hence need for regeneration modes. Absent sensor signals will definitely set fault codes.
jcr porsche says there is a work around without a tune. We shall see.
Old 05-03-2019, 12:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Colors Allowed to Be Ordered on this LE Speedster

I have a question for those that have followed the 'information' coming from PAG
and PCNA re: the limited edition .2 991 Speedster. Have they revealed what are
the other colors (besides 'Guards Red' and the Heritage's 'Silver') that will

be allowed to be ordered? Any reports of PTS on this model? Or if any of the
new colors that are planned for the incoming 992 (e.g. 'Lizard Green' or 'Aventurine
Green Metallic')?

I now believe that the 992 colors are reserved for the 992 and will not be allowed
to be ordered on this limited edition or the upcoming 718 era 'Boxster Spyder''.
So if I see that these new 992 colors are not being allowed on the LE Speedster,
it confirms to me they'll never see the exterior surfaces of the new Spyder when
that is announced. This later model is the one that interest me and for which I
have a deposit at my dealer since 2017.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Old 05-03-2019, 01:16 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,278 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I have a question for those that have followed the 'information' coming from PAG
and PCNA re: the limited edition .2 991 Speedster. Have they revealed what are
the other colors (besides 'Guards Red' and the Heritage's 'Silver') that will

be allowed to be ordered? Any reports of PTS on this model? Or if any of the
new colors that are planned for the incoming 992 (e.g. 'Lizard Green' or 'Aventurine
Green Metallic')?

I now believe that the 992 colors are reserved for the 992 and will not be allowed
to be ordered on this limited edition or the upcoming 718 era 'Boxster Spyder''.
So if I see that these new 992 colors are not being allowed on the LE Speedster,
it confirms to me they'll never see the exterior surfaces of the new Spyder when
that is announced. This later model is the one that interest me and for which I
have a deposit at my dealer since 2017.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Take it as "information" ahead of next week, but I have reason to believe Guards Red, White, Lizard Green, and GT Silver will be available—as at least one car in each of these colors exist, all of which would play into your theory re: 991.2 colors rather than 992 colors. Then again, as we have seen before, and you have documented, some cars are built for evaluation purposes, and marketing cars have been built that don't reflect what is available (case in point PCNA's 987.2 Boxster Spyder auto show car in gray with the "chrome-like" wheel finish rather than the plain silver on the same wheels on production Boxster Spyders. This car ended up on the customer road show, much to my surprise...flogged by customer prospects around the parking lot at Candlestick. What I have yet to see is a color at a press launch that was not available to customers—so next week will be telling. Flip side of that: Most press launches fail to have cars in all of the colors available, and never is that more true than with the more limited/targeted models (i.e. GT4).
Old 05-03-2019, 01:27 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
love sirius. couldnt consider a road trip without sterns show
I used to feel the same way, I loved Wendy " the slow adult" but am currently tired of his political rants which I believe is him just trying to fit in with his new hollywood friends.. Now i regret the roof bump antenna, it appears to be stuck on with double sided tape, I wonder if a plug or tiny antenna could be made,
Old 05-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Thanks Pete...

Originally Posted by stout
Take it as "information" ahead of next week, but I have reason to believe Guards Red, White, Lizard Green,
and GT Silver will be available—as at least one car in each of these colors exist, all of which would play
into your theory re: 991.2 colors rather than 992 colors. Then again, as we have seen before, and you have
documented, some cars are built for evaluation purposes, and marketing cars have been built that don't
reflect what is available (case in point PCNA's 987.2 Boxster Spyder auto show car in gray with the
"chrome-like" wheel finish rather than the plain silver on the same wheels on production Boxster Spyders.
This car ended up on the customer road show, much to my surprise...flogged by customer prospects
around the parking lot at Candlestick. What I have yet to see is a color at a press launch that was not
available to customers—so next week will be telling. Flip side of that: Most press launches fail to have
cars in all of the colors available, and never is that more true than with the more limited/targeted models
(i.e. GT4).
Thanks Pete. Except that I consider 'Lizard Green' as mostly a 992 color since that will be a 'Special
Color' available on demand on any 992 and was exclusively a .2 991 gt3 RS color on the 991. That
small door, if indeed it has been opened for the LE Speedster, opens up some hope for me that PAG
will allow 'Lizard Green' as a possible option via Special Color for my 718 era Boxster Spyder. As
most of you know, this color is just about a body double for the fabulous 1974 vintage early 911
color - 'gelbgrün'. I want to avoid at all cost the pain, uncertainty, delays & possible last minute
rejections re: PTS on my upcoming Spyder allocation. I know that Zuffenhausen's paint booths
are all primed/ready for the new 992 colors which some are already in production for European
market. So it would seem to me illogical that PAG would limit the colors to just those available
for the .2 991 on this LE Speedster or Boxster Spyder (which is expected to be built starting this
Fall). But you never know with Porsche.

The 'gray' 987 Boxster Spyder that was flogged at Candlestick for the the Porsche Road show
was interestingly the only 2011 PTS done by PAG. So it had that going for it besides the unique
finished on its wheels...which if I recalled correctly were put by PAG on its Cayman R models.
The color of that PTS Spyder, by the way, was 'Meteor Grey Metallic'. When PCNA was ready
to sell it after the Road Show, I inspected that car for a friend that was interested in buying it.
Eventually he rejected it as being 'too well used'. PCNA redid the seats with new leather &
maybe the steering wheel. Fixed up a few items from its wear & tear during the road show
and sold it at auction to another P-dealer.

By the way Pete, when are you bringing your 'Rare Shades' road show to Scottsdale?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arizona
Old 05-03-2019, 02:10 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Thanks Pete. Except that I consider 'Lizard Green' as mostly a 992 color since that will be a 'Special
Color' available on demand on any 992 and was exclusively a .2 991 gt3 RS color on the 991. That
small door, if indeed it has been opened for the LE Speedster, opens up some hope for me that PAG
will allow 'Lizard Green' as a possible option via Special Color for my 718 era Boxster Spyder. As
most of you know, this color is just about a body double for the fabulous 1974 vintage early 911
color - 'gelbgrün'. I want to avoid at all cost the pain, uncertainty, delays & possible last minute
rejections re: PTS on my upcoming Spyder allocation. I know that Zuffenhausen's paint booths
are all primed/ready for the new 992 colors which some are already in production for European
market. So it would seem to me illogical that PAG would limit the colors to just those available
for the .2 991 on this LE Speedster or Boxster Spyder (which is expected to be built starting this
Fall). But you never know with Porsche.

The 'gray' 987 Boxster Spyder that was flogged at Candlestick for the the Porsche Road show
was interestingly the only 2011 PTS done by PAG. So it had that going for it besides the unique
finished on its wheels...which if I recalled correctly were put by PAG on its Cayman R models.
The color of that PTS Spyder, by the way, was 'Meteor Grey Metallic'. When PCNA was ready
to sell it after the Road Show, I inspected that car for a friend that was interested in buying it.
Eventually he rejected it as being 'too well used'. PCNA redid the seats with new leather &
maybe the steering wheel. Fixed up a few items from its wear & tear during the road show
and sold it at auction to another P-dealer.

By the way Pete, when are you bringing your 'Rare Shades' road show to Scottsdale?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arizona
Ah...Lizard on a 982 Spyder could be very cool indeed (and, I would suspect, rare). I too like the shade for its proximity to Gelbgrün, and am glad it is available. I'd like to see it on more "normal" cars (without big rear wings) to see how it works on them. Suspect its availability on a 982 of any kind will come down to the "where/how/when" of production and suppliers. I have to say Guards Red looks better and better to me with each passing year of the sea of safe colors in CA's vehicle fleet, this despite my love-hate relationship with red cars. Perhaps its beauty is enhanced by its price and "allocations"?

Very interesting about the Meteor 987.2 Spyder. I wonder where it ended up, as I have not seen it again. You confirmed my hunch about the shade of gray, and I recall thinking the wheels were just Cayman R wheels on a Boxster Spyder, which I thought was a cool call with the gray. Would be interesting to track down who ordered that car. Would have been a tough call, choosing between the wear/tear and provenance as a show car. Can't fault anyone for going either way on that decision, but my guess is it would either be someone committed to "restoring" the car or someone ready to put enough miles on to match with the "show" patina.

Rare Shades is headed to the American southwest next, but a little closer to the sea this time. Would like to get to AZ again, or perhaps NM? Have spent no time in the latter and would like to see it one day...maybe it's RSx at one and a drive to the other?
Old 05-03-2019, 03:52 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
that looks heavy duty. Any ideas on an easy way to improve the sound?
Are these shots of a 2019 3rs?
Old 05-04-2019, 08:45 AM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

did any non-vip receive allocation on May 03?
Old 05-04-2019, 03:30 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Lizard on a 982 Spyder could be very cool indeed (and, I would suspect, rare). I too like the
shade for its proximity to Gelbgrün, and am glad it is available. I'd like to see it on more
"normal" cars (without big rear wings) to see how it works on them.
It looks great. Will be particularly effective in a 992 Cabriolet or 992 Targa because the top
& trim will balance the visual of such a bright color on the chassis of the larger car. It will
also look stunningly well on a 718 era Boxster Spyder for the same reason!

By this same logic is how I find attractive the bright 'Crystal Blue' hue on my 1970 911E Targa.
The contrast of the bright body color to the black Targa top & aluminum roll bar makes for a
very special look:

Very interesting about the Meteor 987.2 Spyder. I wonder where it ended up, as I have not seen it again.
Would be interesting to track down who ordered that car.
That 2011 .2 987 PTS 'Meteor Grey Metallic' Boxster was ordered by PCNA for the Detroit Auto Show in Jan 2011.
We documented the information about this car many years ago:

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-for-sale.html
And this 'Meteor Grey Metallic' 987 Boxster Spyder was again on the market later in 2012:

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-...-for-sale.html

Rare Shades is headed to the American southwest next, but a little closer to the sea this time.
Would like to get to AZ again, or perhaps NM? Have spent no time in the latter and would like
to see it one day...maybe it's RSx at one and a drive to the other?
Let us know...Scottsdale is only 4 hours from Palm Springs and 6 hours from Newport Beach.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Arizona
Old 05-04-2019, 06:13 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

I agree with Eduardo. The Spyder will look great in lizard! Speaking of which, any idea on release date of that and the GT4?
Old 05-04-2019, 06:19 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

^ It's funny, I found myself configuring a Lizard Green 992 Cabriolet after you mentioned the color as a 992 color (I tend to think of colors based on what they are launched on), and I wonder if what made me naturally gravitate there was exactly what you say: The black top.

It's part of what makes some of the Hemi cars of yesteryear (and today) look great in bright green and some other colors. Certain Kawasaki motorcycles, too....there was a Ninja 5-10 years ago in bright green with no graphics and a flat black lower fairing that almost got me over to the dark side....
Old 05-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

^ It's funny, I found myself configuring a Lizard Green 992 Cabriolet after you mentioned the color as a 992 color (I tend to think of colors based on what they are launched on), and I wonder if what made me naturally gravitate there was exactly what you say: The black top.

It's part of what makes some of the Hemi cars of yesteryear (and today) look great in bright green and some other colors. Certain Kawasaki motorcycles, too....there was a Ninja 5-10 years ago in bright green with no graphics and a flat black lower fairing that almost got me over to the dark side....
I was considering shedding a couple of wheels a while back... then I was rear ended by a 60 MPH SUV when I was stopped.

No more.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:08 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

This likely got buried, but could someone please confirm that this is the 2019 3rs? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ajw45
GPF pics. Looks significant. Center exhaust is tiny.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:02 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
This likely got buried, but could someone please confirm that this is the 2019 3rs? Thanks.
That system may be shared with the 2019 GT3 RS, I don't know, but those photos are the underside of the Red Speedster located at PEC Atlanta.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:00 PM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
That system may be shared with the 2019 GT3 RS, I don't know, but those photos are the underside of the Red Speedster located at PEC Atlanta.
great, thanks for clarifying.

Quick Reply: Speedster - Calling All Cleaning Ladies