Euro Delivery Stopped

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:30 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Good points, but as the car will stay in Europe for months, track wrap not ideal. If I can have the work done ahead of time, it can take as long as they need.
Makes sense...
Old 11-29-2017, 09:45 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,142 Likes on 982 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
Dealer called and confirmed it’s back on / working on confirming if my April date is still the same.

Quick innane question / Do you guys normally get your cars wrapped in Europe before ripping around Europe for two weeks? Who is the standard go to person/pricing ... I went PTS, so I’m feeling more **** than normal.

I chose leipzig delivery since I understood that location was more fun from
a driving standpoint, but no museum.

Thanks
I have done two EDs (Stuttgart and Leipzig). I never got them wrapped. I drove the 911 all the way to Romania and put 2750 miles on her.....not a chip.

Drove the 981 1350 miles with nothing noticed either.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:40 AM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
Dealer called and confirmed it’s back on / working on confirming if my April date is still the same.

Quick innane question / Do you guys normally get your cars wrapped in Europe before ripping around Europe for two weeks? Who is the standard go to person/pricing ... I went PTS, so I’m feeling more **** than normal.

I chose leipzig delivery since I understood that location was more fun from
a driving standpoint, but no museum.

Thanks

+1 on trackwrap.

I think Leipzig delivery is smart just for the free track time. Talk to your rep from ED, tell them you want a tour at Zuffenhausen. That'll get you a factory tour, lunch, and a personal tour of the museum. Never hurts to ask, I did and they hooked me up. Several deliveries today, all leaving the factory.

Im not tech savvy so can't post photos as I don't have anywhere to host them.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:59 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

FYI - Euro Delivery was back up on the US Configurator today (11/30; at least when configuring a GT3) .... hopefully good news for us interested in Euro Delivery. My build date is January 2018 but I am hoping to make it work somehow.
Old 11-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Good points, but as the car will stay in Europe for months, track wrap not ideal. If I can have the work done ahead of time, it can take as long as they need.
that might be easier said than done since the 'owner' needs to sign the various documents in order to release the car from PAG... I guess you need to speak with Jamie on this one...
Old 11-30-2017, 06:44 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

They tried to find space to do it at the factory before delivery to avoid this issue. There was a thread in the ED subforum about it. Fist time Creasigns tried (summer of 2016 when I picked my car up there), the factory people flipped out. I believe they sorted it out later. As Larry says, Jamie can shed light on what’s possible.
Old 11-30-2017, 06:51 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Jaime in Atlanta - she's awesome to work with. Euro delivery is fully back online, and they can hold the car up to 8 weeks beyond the first date available for your ED.

I am very excited to say it looks like I will be doing European delivery in March with my old man from Zuffenhausen (prefer the history and factory stuff to the track stuff), I just need to work out some logistics between my local dealer here in Hawaii and the dealer that has my allocation in NYC.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-30-2017, 07:25 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Hey guys,

Just got off the phone with Jaime in Atlanta - she's awesome to work with. Euro delivery is fully back online, and they can hold the car up to 8 weeks beyond the first date available for your ED.

I am very excited to say it looks like I will be doing European delivery in March with my old man from Zuffenhausen (prefer the history and factory stuff to the track stuff), I just need to work out some logistics between my local dealer here in Hawaii and the dealer that has my allocation in NYC.

Hope that helps!
Excellent news! Celebratory bubbles in your honor all around!
Attached Images  
Old 11-30-2017, 07:34 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Excellent news! Celebratory bubbles in your honor all around!
Will be a dream come true

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Stopped