Sponsored by:

Euro Delivery Stopped

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 08:59 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I believe that (only?) applied to customers who already had an approved ED date from PAG prior to the suspension of the program....
Yeah, the 'ED' experience was 'honored' for those of us that had it pre-approved with our build and then as of recent been cancelled. So it's my understanding, they're honoring any 'existing ED' customers, by still allowing you the full ED experience, including 'sitting in your car, and seeing your car'... but they give you a loaner for the time you have scheduled in Europe.

It has since been removed from the configurator, so my guess would be any 'visit/tours' would be separate, and would not include the loaner car etc...

Porsche did communicate to me they absolutely expect to have this resolved in the next couple of months, and are looking towards adding ED back into the configurator.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 11-22-2017, 12:04 AM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I pick up my car next Thursday, actually get to leave with it on a European delivery. This was updated late last week as I was back and forth with the crew in Atlanta handling deliveries. Number of missed calls resulted in the final contact to say "you're in luck, you get your car" They still extended a few extras from the confusion, so can't complain.
Thats not to say it's not cancelled for some point down the road, but if you have a confirmed date, you should expect to pick up your car. I'll report back if that changes upon my arrival.
My understanding for those that were scheduled but didn't get their car got hotel upgrades, couple of free meals, loaner Porsche, and first service for free.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:51 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by JB991
I pick up my car next Thursday, actually get to leave with it on a European delivery. This was updated late last week as I was back and forth with the crew in Atlanta handling deliveries. Number of missed calls resulted in the final contact to say "you're in luck, you get your car" They still extended a few extras from the confusion, so can't complain.
Thats not to say it's not cancelled for some point down the road, but if you have a confirmed date, you should expect to pick up your car. I'll report back if that changes upon my arrival.
My understanding for those that were scheduled but didn't get their car got hotel upgrades, couple of free meals, loaner Porsche, and first service for free.
that is fantastic news, congrats! Hopefully this means this whole saga is coming to an end. As the first person effected by this ED issue, my experience was kind of a mess this time around. To their credit Porsche has stepped up and attempted to make amends, for example they are air freighting the car here after numerous delays...but nonetheless I would have rather had my own GT3 for those glorious Dolomites and Austrian mountain passes instead of a quiet Turbo. Not going to lie, the more that time passes the more annoyed I get!
Old 11-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,441 Likes on 2,248 Posts

Just to remove any ambiguity; you are saying that you are collecting your car next week in Germany *and* you are driving it (and not a loaner) around? When did you obtain a confirmed date for ED originally?

Just not clear to me from this if the whole issue is resolved, or if this is some "special" for customers with existing confirmed ED dates?

I want to believe that if your N.A car is registered for temporary use/and export that means that this applies to everyone who requested ED and the whole mess is over!
Old 11-24-2017, 08:12 PM
niqui7ladoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was given an April 21 EU pick up date...but my dealer emailed me last month, saying essentially what has been said here...that it is temporarily cancelled and he doubts it will comeback in time, but who knows. Some registration issue. Does it seem like it will comeback in time?
Old 11-25-2017, 03:55 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by niqui7ladoo
I was given an April 21 EU pick up date...but my dealer emailed me last month, saying essentially what has been said here...that it is temporarily cancelled and he doubts it will comeback in time, but who knows. Some registration issue. Does it seem like it will comeback in time?
I have a mid-March date and just received a request for “back-up Date†options, will check what that means
Old 11-25-2017, 02:42 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This BLOWS. I was really looking forward to doing a euro delivery. wtf even get a car if you cannot use it the way you want.
Old 11-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by German_Saint
This BLOWS. I was really looking forward to doing a euro delivery. wtf even get a car if you cannot use it the way you want.
its temporary AFIAK, just the luck of the draw if it is re-instated in time.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:38 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its temporary AFIAK, just the luck of the draw if it is re-instated in time.
Yep- positive thinking the flip gets switched back on sooner rather than later.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:32 PM
niqui7ladoo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
I have a mid-March date and just received a request for €œback-up Date € options, will check what that means

interesting, curious to know what comes of it.

mine is still on hold and i was told if EU delivery isn't reinstated soon, it will just be delivered to the dealership in canada like normal. I wonder what the cutoff is if i had an April 21 eu pick up date?
Old 11-26-2017, 11:29 PM
JB991
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Just to remove any ambiguity; you are saying that you are collecting your car next week in Germany *and* you are driving it (and not a loaner) around? When did you obtain a confirmed date for ED originally?

Just not clear to me from this if the whole issue is resolved, or if this is some "special" for customers with existing confirmed ED dates?

I want to believe that if your N.A car is registered for temporary use/and export that means that this applies to everyone who requested ED and the whole mess is over!

I had a date set prior to the whole debacle, I want to say it was back in Aug or Sept. I pick it up on Thursday. I was also told that I was SUPPOSED to get a loaner. I will NOT get a loaner, I will get my car.

Long story short;

Somehow they (ED guys) had my phone number wrong. I was back and forth with my SA. Jamie (I think that's how you spell her name), told my SA to let me know that I was supposed to get a loaner, an extra free meal or something, upgraded hotel accommodations, and my first service for free. I was supposed to be given the option to just have the car shipped immediately and skip "delivery" but still get a loaner and do the track day and tour. Well, when she finally got the correct number, I still missed her call due to work. Two days later I get in touch with her and she says "Good news, the issue of picking up cars for a european delivery has been fixed, so you can get your car after all" She still extended a few freebies because of the back and forth, but no loaner because I get my car.

If it's a temporary thing, I don't know, but I'm not in any different a boat than the guys ahead of me as they had dates set in advance as well. I'll ask the question when I get there. I have a tour in Stuttgart on Wednesday and delivery in Leipzig on Thursday.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:41 AM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

I had a date set prior to the whole debacle, I want to say it was back in Aug or Sept. I pick it up on Thursday. I was also told that I was SUPPOSED to get a loaner. I will NOT get a loaner, I will get my car.

Long story short;

Somehow they (ED guys) had my phone number wrong. I was back and forth with my SA. Jamie (I think that's how you spell her name), told my SA to let me know that I was supposed to get a loaner, an extra free meal or something, upgraded hotel accommodations, and my first service for free. I was supposed to be given the option to just have the car shipped immediately and skip "delivery" but still get a loaner and do the track day and tour. Well, when she finally got the correct number, I still missed her call due to work. Two days later I get in touch with her and she says "Good news, the issue of picking up cars for a european delivery has been fixed, so you can get your car after all" She still extended a few freebies because of the back and forth, but no loaner because I get my car.

If it's a temporary thing, I don't know, but I'm not in any different a boat than the guys ahead of me as they had dates set in advance as well. I'll ask the question when I get there. I have a tour in Stuttgart on Wednesday and delivery in Leipzig on Thursday.
Congrats, definitely sounds like they got it all taken care of! Post us pics once you receive your car!

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 11-27-2017, 12:56 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Great news!
Old 11-27-2017, 04:22 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 960 Likes on 428 Posts

awesome news! thanks for the updates. My experience was a mess this time, so glad nobody else has to go through that. Jealous you all get to enjoy your awesome machines overseas as planned.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Long story short;

OK well if Jamie says its fixed, then its fixed since she is the PCNA ED coordinator, - its unlikely that its a one-off - I guess we'll see when some others get dates approved!

Quick Reply: Euro Delivery Stopped