Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 03:05 PM
Psup4s
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 66 Posts

My vote goes to Soul Performance, great product/costumer service and made in Murica
Old 05-22-2019, 09:27 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 206 Posts

JCR full race pipe is installed. Sound is absolutely ****ing epic in person. It’s loud but not unbearable. Some drone but livable for the ridiculous sound that thing makes. Sweet baby Jesus!
The following users liked this post:
pdds (09-26-2020)
Old 05-22-2019, 10:26 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
JCR full race pipe is installed. Sound is absolutely ****ing epic in person. It’s loud but not unbearable. Some drone but livable for the ridiculous sound that thing makes. Sweet baby Jesus!
Sweet. I assume you retained the OEM headers? Do you think the drone is too bad for a trip to the racetrack 2 hours away?
Old 05-22-2019, 11:52 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Sweet. I assume you retained the OEM headers? Do you think the drone is too bad for a trip to the racetrack 2 hours away?
Yes OEM headers. I really didn’t think the drone was bad but everyone is different, I could see how some people would get annoyed with it. But my speakers are also upgraded and turning the music up loud almost totally masked the exhaust sound at cruising speed.
Old 05-23-2019, 05:16 AM
dxbtousa
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes OEM headers. I really didn’t think the drone was bad but everyone is different, I could see how some people would get annoyed with it. But my speakers are also upgraded and turning the music up loud almost totally masked the exhaust sound at cruising speed.
Big fan of the JCR race pipe- have yet to hear it in person - can only imagine

What speaker upgrades did you do? Did you have the bose before?
Old 05-23-2019, 06:02 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

I only wish we could capture a true representation of the sound in video form, it sounds great in the video but nothing else really comes close to appreciating the sound in person.

Thanks again for your order and hope you continue to enjoy the new characteristics of your car with the JCR parts installed!

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
Old 05-23-2019, 12:44 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
I only wish we could capture a true representation of the sound in video form, it sounds great in the video but nothing else really comes close to appreciating the sound in person.

Thanks again for your order and hope you continue to enjoy the new characteristics of your car with the JCR parts installed!

JC
You would need outboard audio recording gear to make an audiophile recoding for your exhaust. the mics on consumer camera and phones will not be close to accurate as pro audio outboard recording gear. You will need to run multiple mics in various positions....run omni, bi-directional, shotgun, cardioid, pzm and so forth. The Sennheiser 421 and MD441 would be ones plus the old tried and true Shure SM57. 1 trick is to remove the little transformer in the 57 to open it up some and lower the output by -15db.

Between mics, outboard gear, mixer, monitor speakers and so forth you'd be spending 10's of thousands of dollars. I'd suggest your company audition and hire a top notch mobile recording sound company. Much less than buying all the gear, taking the time to learn how to use it properly.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:31 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dxbtousa
Big fan of the JCR race pipe- have yet to hear it in person - can only imagine

What speaker upgrades did you do? Did you have the bose before?
The previous owner of my car did the stage 2 upgrade from Musicar which was about $3k, includes the Dynaudio tweeter upgrade and 8-channel Mosconi amp. I was going to go with the Dynaudio Esotar 4" midrange and Morel Elate 9" door speakers as they suggest for the next level upgrade, but given how loud the exhaust is I'm not sure that's the best use of the money and may just use some cheaper (but still high quality) speakers. The Esotar and Elate speakers are about the most expensive car audio speakers you can buy, so it seems like overkill when the exhaust is so loud. My car had the Sound Package Plus option, I don't think Musicar has an upgrade for the Bose system yet
Old 05-23-2019, 02:42 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
You would need outboard audio recording gear to make an audiophile recoding for your exhaust. the mics on consumer camera and phones will not be close to accurate as pro audio outboard recording gear. You will need to run multiple mics in various positions....run omni, bi-directional, shotgun, cardioid, pzm and so forth. The Sennheiser 421 and MD441 would be ones plus the old tried and true Shure SM57. 1 trick is to remove the little transformer in the 57 to open it up some and lower the output by -15db.

Between mics, outboard gear, mixer, monitor speakers and so forth you'd be spending 10's of thousands of dollars. I'd suggest your company audition and hire a top notch mobile recording sound company. Much less than buying all the gear, taking the time to learn how to use it properly.
That's ridiculous. A decent mobile recording device like a zoom or something would work just fine. Maybe $300.
Old 05-23-2019, 02:51 PM
jeffreestylz
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The previous owner of my car did the stage 2 upgrade from Musicar which was about $3k, includes the Dynaudio tweeter upgrade and 8-channel Mosconi amp. I was going to go with the Dynaudio Esotar 4" midrange and Morel Elate 9" door speakers as they suggest for the next level upgrade, but given how loud the exhaust is I'm not sure that's the best use of the money and may just use some cheaper (but still high quality) speakers. The Esotar and Elate speakers are about the most expensive car audio speakers you can buy, so it seems like overkill when the exhaust is so loud. My car had the Sound Package Plus option, I don't think Musicar has an upgrade for the Bose system yet
Just spoke to Todd from Trophy Performance today and he said he installed a JCR exhaust yesterday on a customer car. I'm guessing that was yours! I'd love to hear it one of these days!
Old 05-23-2019, 03:05 PM
dgoldenz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jeffreestylz
Just spoke to Todd from Trophy Performance today and he said he installed a JCR exhaust yesterday on a customer car. I'm guessing that was yours! I'd love to hear it one of these days!
Yep that was me, shoot me a PM and you can hear it =)
Old 05-23-2019, 03:24 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

Received 482 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche

JC

I still love that vid you did at night with the flames shooting out of the tips on downshifts, that setup sounded damn good! Based on my experience with JCR products (great) I'd say any of your setups are going to sound better in real life then in any video.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:05 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Do you know anyone in Florida that has the exhaust? I sooo want one but afraid the drone would kill my wife on the drive to Sebring.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:11 PM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree. I couldn't be happier.

Old 05-23-2019, 05:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
That's ridiculous. A decent mobile recording device like a zoom or something would work just fine. Maybe $300.
No it won't...I have one, tired many times. Zoom is better than a cell phone mic or a camcorder mic. I also have a Shure mic that attaches to my iphone that is better than the Zoom..but it still is not capturing the truest audio possible that a manufacture might be looking for and to answer JCR on this.

Musical instruments and pro audio is what I have done my entire life. It will take some fine mic's, multiple mic placements, proper outboard gear and a pristine mix to capture the truest audio of car exhaust as a car passes by or a mic close to the exhaust outlet on a moving car.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3