Bolster Wear Upon Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Fyi
My bolster covers not only help prevent the creases ( except with that guy from the beer hall pictured &#128521 as they are foam lined ... but if a 300 lb guy is going to sit his butt down on the top of the bolster, it woukd require Divine intervention, for creasing not to occur.
Also, it not only helps protects from creases, but I have seen deep scratches and scuff marks ( that will not come out) from people heel dragging near the front switch area..
Not a pretty sight
Beautiful car best of luck
Regards
Ed

Last edited by Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto; 11-16-2017 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
You never know until you ask. I had them provide me a new leather dash.
For a crease in the leather in one little section on your buckets??. I think you go complain about that they may think twice next time you want another allocation.

Now - if the dashboard ordeal was what I think it was; that is a different story. I have seen a couple dashes where you can see all the undulation rather than smooth leather and that is a big deal.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:13 PM
PistolPete
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 53 Posts

I remember a bunch of GT4 owners had this issue a few years ago. From my observations, I think this is the cause:

The seats are shipped with a white colored protection cover. This will prevent any scratches and marks, but not from compression due to something resting on top of it.

When the car arrives at the dealer, you can see a whole bunch of loose crap stored on top of the passenger seat. This can include items like

- The front spoiler splitter (this is large enough to extended into the hatch area
- Front and rear brake ducts
- A box of other items (possibly owner manuals)

All this stuff is installed by the dealer during the prep phase.

Depending on how all this stuff was loaded at the factory for delivery to the port, you can have stuff sitting or resting against parts of the seat for several weeks as it gets transported.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:21 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
For a crease in the leather in one little section on your buckets??. I think you go complain about that they may think twice next time you want another allocation.

Now - if the dashboard ordeal was what I think it was; that is a different story. I have seen a couple dashes where you can see all the undulation rather than smooth leather and that is a big deal.
Ya that’s my logic lol. Not worth complaining over. I value any future allocations more than a crease in the seat
Old 11-15-2017, 01:25 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
Fyi
My bolster covers not only help prevent the creases ( except with that guy from the beer hall pictured &#128521 as they are foam lined ... but if a 300 lb guy is going to sit he butt down on the top of the bolster, it woukd require Divine intervention, for creasing not to occur.
Also, it not only helps protects from creases, but I have seen deep scratches and scuff marks ( that will not come out) from people heel dragging near the front switch area..
Not a pretty sight
Beautiful car best of luck
Regards
Ed
thanks Ed! Excited to get the seat covers put on. Will update your thread with pics

unfortunately I have a few friends that fit the 300 lb description so creasing inevitable -_-
Old 11-15-2017, 01:34 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Super common in that area, you can actually see it on many of Porsche show cars, The touring package comes to mind most recently
Old 11-15-2017, 01:35 PM
ejdoherty911
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have removed creases / pressure marks from leather seats using a heat gun (better option) or hair dryer. It may be best left to a professional but if the crease bothers you there's a good chance it can be removed or at least significantly improved with application of heat. YMMV.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:48 PM
mrhamamg
Racer

Originally Posted by ejdoherty911
I have removed creases / pressure marks from leather seats using a heat gun (better option) or hair dryer. It may be best left to a professional but if the crease bothers you there's a good chance it can be removed or at least significantly improved with application of heat. YMMV.
nice!!! that’s what I wanted to hear
Old 11-15-2017, 02:09 PM
EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhamamg
Follow up question: would bolster protectors protect against creasing? I assume not because crease is caused by weight being applied to that spot which pushes it down causing a crease regardless of bolster protector being there
Our proprietary OEM design Bolster Protectors will help decrease excess wear when entering and exiting the vehicle. Since the bolster protector is a top layer, it will absorb the pressure to reduce creases.

Order online: httphttp://shop.exclusiveoption.com/...18-918LWBP.htm

Last edited by EXCLUSIVE OPTION; 11-15-2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 02:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCLUSIVE OPTION
Our proprietary design Bolster Protectors will help decrease excess wear when entering and exiting the vehicle. Since the bolster protector is a top layer, it will absorb the pressure to reduce creases.

Vielen Dank my friend. I am ordering one today.

Name:  photo987.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  83.3 KB

Aldus above replaced Hermann who decided to pursue a fun weekend that did not turn out as expected.

Name:  photo591.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  149.3 KB

https://muraselon.com/en/2017/10/ove...sed-sex-slave/

Last edited by STG; 11-20-2017 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:03 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Do you guys sit or rub on those bolsters when getting in and out ?

Quick Reply: Bolster Wear Upon Delivery?