Sponsored by:

European Delivery Suspended

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 10:45 AM
SGP
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default European Delivery Suspended

Just got the confirmation of my allocation for a GT3, and learned the Porsche has suspended the European delivery program (at least for Canada).

Does anybody has more info about it? Any perspective that the program will be offered again soon?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:40 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My SA had no idea when it might be offered again.

In the US and I was pushed from Stuttgart to Leipzig early on due to construction, as was everyone else.

I heard a couple of weeks ago that ED had been nixed completely. My SA confirmed as much, and it's gone from the US configurator.

Strangely, there was no push-communication to me like there was when ED was moved to Leipzig.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:46 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 578 Likes on 271 Posts

word on the street (i.e., RL) that it might be back for the Spring? it has to do with the way American/Canadian cars are temporary registered in Germany.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:03 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Could it have anything to do with the
vw dieselgate?
emissions being audited for Canadian/USA spec cars?
Old 11-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,042 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by H82BL8
vw dieselgate?
Another slap on the hand.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:22 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
word on the street (i.e., RL) that it might be back for the Spring?
I'll be watching this! I'd like to get Euro delivery on the next one.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:08 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,154 Likes on 469 Posts

I was the first person doing ED that was hit by this issue. I was supposed to pick up my GT3 on 10/6, but unfortunately was told a few days prior that it wasn't possible. It is indeed a paperwork issue with US cars in Germany. Due to some other issues with my car (not mechanical!), I have been in touch with Porsche ED Dept a lot recently. I have been told repeatedly that there is no intention to close ED as an option, only that they are working to sort out the problems and get it back as an option as soon as possible. Fingers crossed, as I have more cars I want to pick up over there!
Old 11-09-2017, 01:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
I was the first person doing ED that was hit by this issue. I was supposed to pick up my GT3 on 10/6, but unfortunately was told a few days prior that it wasn't possible. It is indeed a paperwork issue with US cars in Germany. Due to some other issues with my car (not mechanical!), I have been in touch with Porsche ED Dept a lot recently. I have been told repeatedly that there is no intention to close ED as an option, only that they are working to sort out the problems and get it back as an option as soon as possible. Fingers crossed, as I have more cars I want to pick up over there!
Why were some people offered a rental and others weren’t?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:40 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,154 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Why were some people offered a rental and others weren’t?
Not sure. I was given a nice 911 Turbo that was new, found the window sticker- 204k Euros- so I drove around in style. I don't like Turbo cars, but it was certainly comfy. Also, I was the first person effected by the ED issues, the logistics were kind of a mess. For example, my car was more or less forgotten-- as of yesterday upon inquiring about when I will get the car, it was discovered to still be in Germany with no shipping plans. Porsche to their credit has been great however. They arranged that awesome free loaner car upon arrival; they have also informed me they will air freight my GT3 back to the USA since it was kind of forgotten about- I should have it next week. Nice to know Porsche steps up to make customers happy.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:02 PM
Husaberg44
Track Day

This is from Jamie Dillion who is the Delivery Program manager. I had asked a few questions yesterday in regards to my ED scheduled for May 18th 2018:
We currently have a European Delivery date reserved for you based on your preference. However, that does not mean that the delivery date is confirmed by Porsche. We are currently on a scheduling freeze while Porsche (Germany) sorts out the new registration process for next year. Until that is resolved I am not able to confirm and new appointments for next year. As soon as that is resolved I will be in touch to get you locked in.
If you decide to book travel before we confirm and "lock in" your Delivery date, Porsche can not be help responsible for any change or cancellation fees that could potentially result if we are not able to schedule delivery based on the travel you had planned. That is unlikely we will be unable to, I just simply can not give you that confirmation yet. I hope that makes sense.
European Delivery can not be combined with PEC Delivery. Once your car is delivered in Germany it is no longer a "new" car is therefore ineligible for PEC Delivery.
You have 3-4 months to make any changes you would like to the configuration, however once your date is confirmed the order will be locked and at that point you will not be able to make any changes to the order without potentially affecting your delivery date.
I hope this helps answer your questions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Fingers Crossed - This is huge bucket list thing for me.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:14 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Husaberg44
This is from Jamie Dillion who is the Delivery Program manager. I had asked a few questions yesterday in regards to my ED scheduled for May 18th 2018:
We currently have a European Delivery date reserved for you based on your preference. However, that does not mean that the delivery date is confirmed by Porsche. We are currently on a scheduling freeze while Porsche (Germany) sorts out the new registration process for next year. Until that is resolved I am not able to confirm and new appointments for next year. As soon as that is resolved I will be in touch to get you locked in.
If you decide to book travel before we confirm and "lock in" your Delivery date, Porsche can not be help responsible for any change or cancellation fees that could potentially result if we are not able to schedule delivery based on the travel you had planned. That is unlikely we will be unable to, I just simply can not give you that confirmation yet. I hope that makes sense.
European Delivery can not be combined with PEC Delivery. Once your car is delivered in Germany it is no longer a "new" car is therefore ineligible for PEC Delivery.
You have 3-4 months to make any changes you would like to the configuration, however once your date is confirmed the order will be locked and at that point you will not be able to make any changes to the order without potentially affecting your delivery date.
I hope this helps answer your questions. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

Fingers Crossed - This is huge bucket list thing for me.
Why?
Old 11-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Husaberg44
Track Day

No Clue?

Her previous response to my dealer:
I have Mr. Moore's vehicle confirmed for European Delivery, however we will not yet be able to lock in a delivery date. I have him reserved for European Delivery on May 18 in Zuffenhausen. As soon as we are able to confirm and lock in the delivery date, I will be reaching out to you with next steps. Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime.

Here are my questions directly to her based on that response to my dealer:
What is the difference between ‘reserved’ and ‘locked’ for ED?
When do you typically ‘confirm and lock” the delivery date?
At what point can I confidently start to plan the trip (flight/ hotel reservations, etc)
Am I able to do a PEC Atlanta delivery AFTER doing ED?
How long do I have before my build ‘locks’ and/or can changes to the build this far out effect the delivery date?
What are the next steps?
Old 11-09-2017, 06:51 PM
DRPM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by H82BL8
vw dieselgate?
i believe North American cars have better (more stringent) emissions controls than EU.
hope it gets sorted soon...its on my bucket list
Old 11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SGP
Just got the confirmation of my allocation for a GT3, and learned the Porsche has suspended the European delivery program (at least for Canada).

Does anybody has more info about it? Any perspective that the program will be offered again soon?
Yes, here is my current ED thread, mentioning a few more insights on this topic:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...t3-manual.html

In summary, it's currently suspended as Porsche is working with German Transportation on getting the temporary registration program back on track. I'd estimate a couple of months, definitely by next spring.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 11-09-2017, 07:38 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,978 Likes on 2,816 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
I'd estimate a couple of months, definitely by next spring.
Good news! This is the "must have" option on the car

Quick Reply: European Delivery Suspended