Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

 
Old 12-25-2017, 01:18 PM
  #76  
drdonger
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
drdonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 1,718
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
I'm not in the 'noise camp'... sorry been racing cars all my life... I don't want to hear noises that shouldn't be there. Go drive a Nissan GTR if you want to heaar a noisy DCT...

I couldn't be happier with my new GT3 6spd, super responsive, solid and incredible 'communication' from the manual, to the wheel, and the rear wheels.

Let's make sure the only noises are those you're supposed to hear, ie tires slipping out, engine revving etc... I don't need a noisy gearbox, or rear end whine.

The 997's and older all have their places, but evolution must move forward... says the guy who purchased a new manual.

Best Regards,
Dave
x10
drdonger is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:11 PM
  #77  
Icutyou
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Icutyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Saw this on Instagram. Could this be it?
Icutyou is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:28 PM
  #78  
SCCAForums
User
 
SCCAForums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Typically at a race track near you!
Posts: 612
Likes: 0
Received 26 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Those look like new cup cars.

Best Regards,
Dave
SCCAForums is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:30 PM
  #79  
Icutyou
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Icutyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 340
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
Those look like new cup cars.

Best Regards,
Dave

thanks dave! Wasn’t sure. Look great either way.
Icutyou is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 09:49 PM
  #80  
WernerE
User
 
WernerE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 1,374
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
I'm not in the 'noise camp'... sorry been racing cars all my life... I don't want to hear noises that shouldn't be there. Go drive a Nissan GTR if you want to heaar a noisy DCT...

I couldn't be happier with my new GT3 6spd, super responsive, solid and incredible 'communication' from the manual, to the wheel, and the rear wheels.

Let's make sure the only noises are those you're supposed to hear, ie tires slipping out, engine revving etc... I don't need a noisy gearbox, or rear end whine.

The 997's and older all have their places, but evolution must move forward... says the guy who purchased a new manual.

Best Regards,
Dave
Agreed. Random, mechanical PDK sounds interfere with other noises more relevant to performance and handling. I must have missed Porsche’s marketing message promoting the sublime, aural delight that a “bucket of loose bolts” makes in the 991.1 GT3. No thanks!
WernerE is offline  
Old 12-30-2017, 10:13 PM
  #81  
porkribs17
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Cup cars definitely not RS as lack of rear air intakes on side of car. Can't wait to see the 991.2 GT3 RS soon.
porkribs17 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 04:01 AM
  #82  
<3mph
Super User
 
<3mph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,812
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wow, just look at the size of that wing on the cup!!!

Just a random Q: why don't they use the indented "lightweight" Mg RS roof on the cup? Is that strictly a cost issue as one might expect the cup to get more banged up?
<3mph is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 06:47 AM
  #83  
Chris3963
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Europe, but more often than not, in a plane
Posts: 2,000
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by <3mph View Post
Wow, just look at the size of that wing on the cup!!!

Just a random Q: why don't they use the indented "lightweight" Mg RS roof on the cup? Is that strictly a cost issue as one might expect the cup to get more banged up?
CUP car is based on std GT3 not the RS.
Chris3963 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 10:48 AM
  #84  
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
C.J. Ichiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Exit Row seats
Posts: 9,021
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Cup cars with survivor body work after 100 hrs <20%
C.J. Ichiban is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:25 AM
  #85  
major dad
User
 
major dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: County Cork, Ireland
Posts: 358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Cup cars are based on RS, they now have wide body.
major dad is online now  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 AM
  #86  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,739
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

When a cup car gets a new tub, is there a VIN on the new tub?
evilfij is online now  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:40 AM
  #87  
major dad
User
 
major dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: County Cork, Ireland
Posts: 358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This is what I believe happens, or happened - first time replacement shell gets same VIN, subsequent shells come blank or with some code.
major dad is online now  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:51 AM
  #88  
redmonkey928
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
redmonkey928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,631
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by major dad View Post
Cup cars are based on RS, they now have wide body.
No, the Cup is homologated from the 911 GT3 - non RS variant.

https://www.porsche.com/usa/eventsan...turesandspecs/
redmonkey928 is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:58 AM
  #89  
<3mph
Super User
 
<3mph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,812
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks guys. So do homologation rules prohibit swapping out parts like the roof? Why, when there are other mods?
<3mph is offline  
Old 12-31-2017, 11:58 AM
  #90  
evilfij
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
evilfij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the internet
Posts: 4,739
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by major dad View Post
This is what I believe happens, or happened - first time replacement shell gets same VIN, subsequent shells come blank or with some code.
Thank you.
evilfij is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: