991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 11:14 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Vinyl
Bingo. I like the “R” stripes better and thinking of this.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:40 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

Why hide the NACA ducts?
Old 08-24-2018, 06:10 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by MM3.9GT3
This LG RS was waiting to be picked up. It looks fantastic in person. This is the special GT holding area.
Took delivery of my LG 3RS with Aurum wheels and PCCBs and the colors go amazingly well together. Picked the car up from the dealership this past Saturday drove it 5 miles to the PPF vendor for full Suntek Ultra coverage to include the headlights. FYI/ for the PPF install the installer removed the NACA ducts, side Air Inlet ducts and the Wing thereby reducing the number of exposed edges. If interested in the Installer and located in Texas reasonable close to Austin PM me. I will also have the illuminated carbon fiber door sill guards covered with Suntek Ultra. Incredible results!
Old 08-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

LG vs RY at Silverstone...
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:36 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,271 Likes on 619 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Why hide the NACA ducts?
That looks like .1 RS that had no ducts. Some other elements look like .1 too.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:44 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

Wow, on the right in the photo, a 997 4.0 tracking at Silverstone. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Now that's cool.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:03 PM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hex
Wow, on the right in the photo, a 997 4.0 tracking at Silverstone. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead. Now that's cool.
not quite. Those are just the Porsche experience centre cars as they are located right by Silverstone.

now this is a tad more in line with your post though....

Old 08-24-2018, 11:12 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

Beautiful. Thanks isv.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:09 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by isv

not quite. Those are just the Porsche experience centre cars as they are located right by Silverstone.

now this is a tad more in line with your post though....

4.0 on the left and 3.8 on the right. But to my eyes, the wing on the 3.8 is not standard. It’s too high.
Old 08-25-2018, 03:16 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Nick
Why hide the NACA ducts?
WP hides the NACAs.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:14 AM
isv
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963

4.0 on the left and 3.8 on the right. But to my eyes, the wing on the 3.8 is not standard. It’s too high.
yup indeed. My friend in the 3.8 that day has gone back to standard too as it turns out, was running Cup uprights for a while.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:23 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
Took delivery of my LG 3RS with Aurum wheels and PCCBs and the colors go amazingly well together. Picked the car up from the dealership this past Saturday drove it 5 miles to the PPF vendor for full Suntek Ultra coverage to include the headlights. FYI/ for the PPF install the installer removed the NACA ducts, side Air Inlet ducts and the Wing thereby reducing the number of exposed edges. If interested in the Installer and located in Texas reasonable close to Austin PM me. I will also have the illuminated carbon fiber door sill guards covered with Suntek Ultra. Incredible results!
awesome!! You need to stop driving and post pics!!!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

[QUOTE=jvmax;15243587]awesome!! You need to stop driving and post pics!!![/QUOT

Decisions that need to be made before you do the PPF are will you have the installer remove the decals on the sides which also has a clear film attached to it on the side under the air-inlet ducts or remove it and apply the film and then purchase new decals and place them on top of the film. I wrestled with that decision but decided to have them PPF right over the decals and I am pleased with the results. There is a slight "halo" around the decals but it is barley noticeable and since I intended to put a sacrificial layer below the inlet I have some added protection and I can accept the slight almost imperceptible "halo". The installer wanted to remove all decals then film and then re-apply the decals.........now my decals are protected as well especially on the sides. I was about to do the Exoshield but I am holding off on that for a little while since I am concerned about optical clarity/distortion and some have complained about a rainbow effect if soap is left behind. I decided to cover the headlights and that was driven by my new 718 Cayman S and after 7.3 K miles had numerous chips in both lenses. I will be following the recommendations of Andreas Preuninger* regarding break-in as well see link below and post #7. The oil change discussion.....well not sure had my oil changed on the 718 at 2.3 K miles and the oil looked pristine and even dissected the filter and no filings apparent. Clearly each engine is different and we can't draw conclusions from a sample size of one.
I was expecting the ride to be very stiff almost uncomfortable but it isn't and the sound of that engine in the cabin is truly glorious. This car is absolutely glued to the road and that rear wing slows you down even at very high speed....... So far keeping it under 4.5K rpms and after the engine temp reaches 196F I have had an incredible experience hard to keep it under 100mph. I loved my 2018 718 CS but this is so way beyond next level. Full disclosure, I did spec the 18 way seats which are incredibly comfortable and that may have improved the comfort but even with these seats you feel like you are an extension of the car so different then with my 718. I am averaging about 15.5 mpg and that is with some spirited driving. FYI, there are two SD card readers and I feel the music sounds way better with the SD class 10 memory card then the Apple car play.
Hope that helps, enjoy your cars!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...reuninger.html

Old 08-26-2018, 10:43 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

[QUOTE=Porsch2018;15244099]

Originally Posted by jvmax
awesome!! You need to stop driving and post pics!!![/QUOT

Decisions that need to be made before you do the PPF are will you have the installer remove the decals on the sides which also has a clear film attached to it on the side under the air-inlet ducts or remove it and apply the film and then purchase new decals and place them on top of the film. I wrestled with that decision but decided to have them PPF right over the decals and I am pleased with the results. There is a slight "halo" around the decals but it is barley noticeable and since I intended to put a sacrificial layer below the inlet I have some added protection and I can accept the slight almost imperceptible "halo". The installer wanted to remove all decals then film and then re-apply the decals.........now my decals are protected as well especially on the sides. I was about to do the Exoshield but I am holding off on that for a little while since I am concerned about optical clarity/distortion and some have complained about a rainbow effect if soap is left behind. I decided to cover the headlights and that was driven by my new 718 Cayman S and after 7.3 K miles had numerous chips in both lenses. I will be following the recommendations of Andreas Preuninger* regarding break-in as well see link below and post #7. The oil change discussion.....well not sure had my oil changed on the 718 at 2.3 K miles and the oil looked pristine and even dissected the filter and no filings apparent. Clearly each engine is different and we can't draw conclusions from a sample size of one.
I was expecting the ride to be very stiff almost uncomfortable but it isn't and the sound of that engine in the cabin is truly glorious. This car is absolutely glued to the road and that rear wing slows you down even at very high speed....... So far keeping it under 4.5K rpms and after the engine temp reaches 196F I have had an incredible experience hard to keep it under 100mph. I loved my 2018 718 CS but this is so way beyond next level. Full disclosure, I did spec the 18 way seats which are incredibly comfortable and that may have improved the comfort but even with these seats you feel like you are an extension of the car so different then with my 718. I am averaging about 15.5 mpg and that is with some spirited driving. FYI, there are two SD card readers and I feel the music sounds way better with the SD class 10 memory card then the Apple car play.
Hope that helps, enjoy your cars!

Very sharp! Thanks for posting!!!
love the Arum wheels with it too!
Old 08-26-2018, 10:50 AM
mongoose88
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018

Decisions that need to be made before you do the PPF are will you have the installer remove the decals on the sides which also has a clear film attached to it on the side under the air-inlet ducts or remove it and apply the film and then purchase new decals and place them on top of the film. I wrestled with that decision but decided to have them PPF right over the decals and I am pleased with the results. There is a slight "halo" around the decals but it is barley noticeable and since I intended to put a sacrificial layer below the inlet I have some added protection and I can accept the slight almost imperceptible "halo". The installer wanted to remove all decals then film and then re-apply the decals.........now my decals are protected as well especially on the sides. I was about to do the Exoshield but I am holding off on that for a little while since I am concerned about optical clarity/distortion and some have complained about a rainbow effect if soap is left behind. I decided to cover the headlights and that was driven by my new 718 Cayman S and after 7.3 K miles had numerous chips in both lenses. I will be following the recommendations of Andreas Preuninger* regarding break-in as well see link below and post #7.

Congrats on your car and thanks for posting about the PPF and break in - very helpful.

i am also curious if your PPF guy said anything about what happens later to decals when PPF film needs to be removed? Will it come off cleanly and leave decals in place if you don’t wait too long to redo th PPF? If so how long do you think? Some threads I’ve read seem to suggest redoing PPF every 5 years or so.
Does anyone have experience with this with older cars with PPF and decals underneath?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS