Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 GT3 Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Just for some perspective, I was in the market for a .1 GT3 and picked up a highly optioned ($176K MSRP), low mileage (2,700 miles) MY2016 for 92% of MSRP. Now I am only one buyer but I only looked at 2016 models, I only wanted the G-series engine and wanted miles <5K. I stayed clear of the E & F series engines (even with the 100K warranty). My point is, the 2014s are likely to be the hardest hit of the 991.1s GT3s and if you get an offer in the $120Ks, you should seriously consider it...the market will likely get softer before it stabilizes and picks up. You mentioned that you wanted a quick sale...that makes it a buyer's market for you.

GLWS!
Old 10-25-2017, 01:34 AM
LAPorsche3
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

When I was in the market, I looked at AT and Carsguru all day. Basically pass anything not CPO-ed by a Porsche dealer. Eventually I bought my '14 GT3 (09/14 production) earlier this year below msrp. The dealer gave a deal cos of the whole stigma surrounding '14s.

I didn't care for the stigma and I like it cos it has the options I wanted, has CPO and doesn't smell funky in the cabin <- I am serious about this. I think some drivers perspire way too much while driving. Mix of cheap cologne and sweat. Not a good thing.

Today, I was offered an incoming 991.2 GT3 at my local dealer but just don't see the allure of the markup especially with the few cosmetic changes and +25hp. I have plenty other fast cars. Think I can sacrifice 25hp on this bugger.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:47 AM
AlvinHuyN
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
If you intend it to be a long-term relationship, get what you really want and don't settle. Ill bet you can find a .1 seller who is aware of where the market is going and is willing to make a deal accordingly. Right now, it will probably more likely wind up being a dealer, because they seem to be more in touch with what's going on (or at least not so much in denial).
For sure and I completely agree with that mentality. I think the sellers are just not happy with the way the market is going but it is absolutely a buyers market. That being said, I think the GT4 is compelling being that I can get an almost brand new unit vs going to the lower end of the GT3 market (less options, more miles, more wear).
Old 10-25-2017, 02:09 AM
LAPorsche3
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I think the GT4 is compelling being that I can get an almost brand new unit vs going to the lower end of the GT3 market (less options, more miles, more wear).

You're right about the GT4 comment. I take it you test-drove both?

I plan to add a GT4 but just can't pull the trigger. Occasionally, I think about the car but, it always feel a bit short of the GT3. A buddy of mine owns one. We drove each other's car back to back quite often. The GT4 just didn't wow me enough yet. YMMV.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:17 AM
AlvinHuyN
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LAPorsche3
You're right about the GT4 comment. I take it you test-drove both?

I plan to add a GT4 but just can't pull the trigger. Occasionally, I think about the car but, it always feel a bit short of the GT3. A buddy of mine owns one. We drove each other's car back to back quite often. The GT4 just didn't wow me enough yet. YMMV.
I did drive both and I think they were extremely similar yet different. I can't say I like the GT3 20k better than a GT4. But for 10-15k I could see it being a more compelling choice. That being said, a 115k GT3 is the bottom end of the market while the GT4 I've been looking at is fully specced with LWB and PCCB, and less than 2k miles.

I preferred the GT4 chassis with the mid engine but the GT3's power and I also prefer the GT3's look just a little better. I will say that (with the limited amount of time I had) driving the GT4 was the back roads was a little more fun as turn as it always left me on the edge more than a GT3. But, the shear acceleration power of the GT3 and the beautiful engine sound can't be beat. So in a perfect world, I'd have both. Or actually, a GT4 and a GT3 RS. But, I can only afford 1 toy and 1 normal daily driver I have to decide between a brand new GT4, or pay more for a low spec GT3...decisions decisions
Old 10-25-2017, 04:26 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Got rid of mine (2014) recently (last month) for $132K with 19K miles as my new 2018 manual GT3 will be here in 6 weeks. I was on my third engine “G”. Car MSRP was $153K. Car was in perfect condition with radar & laser installation including rear camera. It also had 60% of car covered with clear film protection. Hope this helps.

I also got $101K offer on my loaded GT4 which I was thinking to dump as I prefer my 2016 Spyder over GT4, but I have decided to keep for a little longer. Mark
Old 10-25-2017, 10:52 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 418 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Got rid of mine (2014) recently (last month) for $132K with 19K miles as my new 2018 manual GT3 will be here in 6 weeks. I was on my third engine “G”......
You got full pop for it! Dealers are now asking $132 for similar builds / miles. You also went through all the engine drama, so no doubt having the G in there helped.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:56 AM
mad_max
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by csvensso
Hi - I'm selling my 2014 GT3 (October Delivery) in the Marketplace section - initially I did a market sweep and priced accordingly at $138K for a 6300 mile car. However, i've dropped down by 8K to $130K as I need a quick sale. I can't find another car with this kind of mileage or condition anywhere near $130K - yet the 'chancers' who contact me are saying the market is at $120K for a 2014 GT3 (that seems more like 2010 GT3 prices on a extensive searches!!)

So - opening the debate - what's the current value of a excellent condition late model 2014 GT3 with relatively low mileage?

Chris
You might want to also clarify if the bumper replacement was through insurance and if it shows up as accident history on Carfax/Autocheck reports.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:48 AM
csvensso
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate all the excellent advice and comments on the forum around the debate of 2014 model GT3's and as such I've adjusted my selling price to what seems like the lowest, relatively low mileage GT3 out there - $125K - and I've done this because I have an incoming car and I'm keen to sell.

There are a lot of 991 GT3's available and some at or over MSRP, which in hindsight isn't where the market should be. I'm pricing my car at the low end, although I would suggest this car is by no means a 'low end' kind of car. Some have bemoaned the options of my car and mentioned 'stripper' - but to be honest the only option I wish I had were the carbon buckets and front lift - other than that it's all cosmetic stuff that isn't the point of the car and doesn't add anything to the enjoyment of this car - red stitching and dials over white stitching and regular gauges - if that is important to you and helps boost the MSRP - then you're looking for the wrong car!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Just for some perspective, I was in the market for a .1 GT3 and picked up a highly optioned ($176K MSRP), low mileage (2,700 miles) MY2016 for 92% of MSRP
Yeah at $176k that's a highly optioned car, mine has a slightly lower MSRP and I've been thinking about selling it but haven't made up my mind yet, I test drove a V12 Ferrari last week and the salesman had this huge smile on his face and was like "isn't it awesome"?!? And I was like ... nahhh.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:29 PM
csvensso
Track Day

I drove a Ferrari 458 Speciale and Porsche GT3 back-back on the track (not my GT3 - I should mention!) and I have to say the Porsche was a far better car on track - yet the 458 Speciale was almost twice the MSRP of the Porsche at that time! Price doesn't always relate to capability or reward factor!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:47 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,339 Likes on 704 Posts

I really appreciate all the excellent advice and comments on the forum around the debate of 2014 model GT3's and as such I've adjusted my selling price to what seems like the lowest, relatively low mileage GT3 out there - $125K - and I've done this because I have an incoming car and I'm keen to sell.

There are a lot of 991 GT3's available and some at or over MSRP, which in hindsight isn't where the market should be. I'm pricing my car at the low end, although I would suggest this car is by no means a 'low end' kind of car. Some have bemoaned the options of my car and mentioned 'stripper' - but to be honest the only option I wish I had were the carbon buckets and front lift - other than that it's all cosmetic stuff that isn't the point of the car and doesn't add anything to the enjoyment of this car - red stitching and dials over white stitching and regular gauges - if that is important to you and helps boost the MSRP - then you're looking for the wrong car!
In reality though, your car IS on the lower end of the market since it is low options and replaced front bumper.

YOU may think your car is perfectly optioned but YOU are not the buyer, although many options may not necessarily add to the driving enjoyment of the car, they may add to the overall enjoyment for the next buyer which means the next buyer may pay 5-10k more for a higher optioned car.

The bright side is that since your car is low optioned, you will probably lose less money on your sale than a higher optioned car that sells for slightly more.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:48 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 418 Likes on 260 Posts

.....I've adjusted my selling price to what seems like the lowest, relatively low mileage GT3 out there - $125K......
I think that's probably a good asking price right now. We had another thread recently asking prospective .1 buyers what kind of pricing they are waiting for, and about $120 seemed to get a lot of interest:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...y-the-1-a.html
Old 10-26-2017, 03:49 PM
csvensso
Track Day

Thanks for all the insights, and now I've sold my GT3.

In the sale details of my car I was upfront and fair and reported all known incidents with the car. With CarFax details not reporting anything and the car being 'clean' I could have kept quiet - but that's not the kind of person I am! This was the 'deal of the century' as someone mentioned in my sale thread - but that was because I wanted to sell asap as I have an incoming car that required the GT3 had to go. The new owner will get the pleasure of getting a car in top condition and will enjoy the pleasures that come with GT3 ownership - and hopefully take it to the track!

There have been numerous people that have contacted me - pushing ridiculous offers and claiming to be experts in the market, telling me I'm the 'dreamer' for trying to even get somewhere in the $120's!! These people really do an injustice to this forum and as a newbie to the Forum have left a little distaste with me - I hope that these people, in the pursuit of the unattainable, do not ultimately ruin it for the passionate people like myself that just want to enjoy the Porsche products. Sorry for the rant!
Old 10-26-2017, 04:15 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Thanks for all the insights, and now I've sold my GT3.

In the sale details of my car I was upfront and fair and reported all known incidents with the car. With CarFax details not reporting anything and the car being 'clean' I could have kept quiet - but that's not the kind of person I am! This was the 'deal of the century' as someone mentioned in my sale thread - but that was because I wanted to sell asap as I have an incoming car that required the GT3 had to go. The new owner will get the pleasure of getting a car in top condition and will enjoy the pleasures that come with GT3 ownership - and hopefully take it to the track!

There have been numerous people that have contacted me - pushing ridiculous offers and claiming to be experts in the market, telling me I'm the 'dreamer' for trying to even get somewhere in the $120's!! These people really do an injustice to this forum and as a newbie to the Forum have left a little distaste with me - I hope that these people, in the pursuit of the unattainable, do not ultimately ruin it for the passionate people like myself that just want to enjoy the Sorry for the rant!
Congrats and if you don't mind, what did you get for it?

Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 Prices?