Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by tvasbn
) no, please do
I did! 😉
Old 03-18-2018, 11:20 PM
1963SWC
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Manitou202- I love the stripes and especially the Porsche script across the top of the wing. I need to get that so I can try it out-- did you remove the PORSCHE lettering above the GT3 designation or was it absent on your car? if so, hairdryer and patience?
Consider a GRP bypass to fill out that exhaust tip space (or maybe just some 100mm or so tips); I popped off the reflectors while I had my bumper off and did an Autozone carbon fiber look wrap over the reflectors. Probably violated some obscure reflector law but looks decent and a teeny tiny step towards my plan to get all of the Tech Art CF pieces.
I'd also like to go with the clear tail lamps and third brake light (would have red led's inside I suppose). Haven't shopped for them but sure they are not inexpensive...
Enjoy!

Also, I have had the Magnagrafix stone guards on for a couple of weeks and now it looks weird to me when I take them off. Been to 120 with them (closed course, professional driver, etc) so they hold well.
Old 03-18-2018, 11:48 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 1963SWC
Manitou202- I love the stripes and especially the Porsche script across the top of the wing. I need to get that so I can try it out-- did you remove the PORSCHE lettering above the GT3 designation or was it absent on your car? if so, hairdryer and patience?
Consider a GRP bypass to fill out that exhaust tip space (or maybe just some 100mm or so tips);
I had PPF installed on the entire car, so the Porsche and GT3 lettering was removed during the process. I only had the GT3 put back on.

I am considering the GMG center by pass this summer.

Love the bronze wheels on your car by the way. Looks stunning!
Old 03-19-2018, 04:00 PM
wanesso
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Just took the bandages off!

Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 PM
wanesso
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by wanesso

Thinking of satin black racing strips..........
Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts
Default Standard GT3 Interior

delete

Last edited by bluehorseshoe; 03-22-2018 at 02:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:44 PM
GT3PDL
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=bluehorseshoe;14889225]Anyone have or order the standard interior? I'm curious how it looks and anybody's thoughts after living with it for a while or seeing it in person. I'm working on an interesting possibility right now, but the car was ordered without the leather interior package.

I have the standard interior and do not regret the decision.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:16 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Sapphire Blue Metallic Porsche 2018 991.2 GT3 with BBi Exhaust & Color Matched Roll Bar

Attachment 1350707
Attachment 1350708
Attachment 1350709
Attachment 1350710
Attachment 1350711
Attachment 1350712

Upgrades

Engine

• BBi 991.2 GT3/RS Center Section Exhaust

Safety

• BBi Autosport StreetCup Roll Bar (Custom Painted to Match Sapphire Blue Metallic)

Attachment 1351172
Attachment 1351173
Attachment 1351174
Attachment 1351175
Attachment 1351176
Attachment 1351177
Attachment 1350714
Attachment 1350715
Attachment 1350716
Attachment 1350717
Attachment 1350718
Attachment 1350719

About SP Motorsports

1840 National Avenue
Hayward, CA, 94545 US
Phone: 510.782.0188
Fax: 510.785.8735
Email: info@spmsracing.com
Web Site: www.spmsracing.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/spmsracing

- Jerry@BBiAutosport.com

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 03-22-2018, 03:52 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

are you guys still doing side muffler deletes?

What are the pros and cons of side deletes and center deletes?

Thanks!
Old 03-23-2018, 04:54 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

First “official” post. Been lurking around for years. I grew up with American muscle cars, Pontiac GTOs in particular. Restored and built several, including a 65, two 67s, and a 69 Judge. Off to college and when I finally got on my feet financially I dove into a 07 BMW 335i. Amazing little car and perfect for me learning how to turn right or left. I ran that thing into the ground all the while admiring the M3. Always felt porsche was another league. I ordered the second M4 in Kansas City nearly a year before they came on the lots. Started tracking the car despite being my daily driver. Bought a pickup and traded the M4 in for the M4 GTS. That is a fine machine. Once dialed in, it was absolutely amazing. My big complaint with that car was it would literally herniate lumbar disks of driven much on the street. And, no button to push to get it back into “street” mode. Therefore, it sat in my garage except for the 2k miles of track time. So... leading to this conclusion after many nights of research about these 911 GT3s and the possibility of a manual returning to such a great platform. It’s a constant debate, but I needed a connection to a car. I wanted to row the gears. I know it’s much different than Muncie 4sp but what a feeling that 69 Judge had. I could literally feel the torque from that 455 punishing the driveshaft and feeling the nose of the car lift up so high you could barely see a hundred yards in front of you. And, I finally said, enough with the 500hp, turbo’d, M4 GTS. Pulled the trigger. And now I can enjoy the track AND the street. And, dear god, this things feels and sounds heavenly. I have yet to get it on the track despite diligent efforts. But, I’ve manage to put on 500mi in less than a month looking for any reason to enjoy that car. Don’t know how to operate any of it; radio, nav, cruise. Don’t care. I’ll crawl back into my corner now. Here she is.

Old 03-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Autoquest Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cadaver
First “official” post. Been lurking around for years. I grew up with American muscle cars, Pontiac GTOs in particular. Restored and built several, including a 65, two 67s, and a 69 Judge. Off to college and when I finally got on my feet financially I dove into a 07 BMW 335i. Amazing little car and perfect for me learning how to turn right or left. I ran that thing into the ground all the while admiring the M3. Always felt porsche was another league. I ordered the second M4 in Kansas City nearly a year before they came on the lots. Started tracking the car despite being my daily driver. Bought a pickup and traded the M4 in for the M4 GTS. That is a fine machine. Once dialed in, it was absolutely amazing. My big complaint with that car was it would literally herniate lumbar disks of driven much on the street. And, no button to push to get it back into “street” mode. Therefore, it sat in my garage except for the 2k miles of track time. So... leading to this conclusion after many nights of research about these 911 GT3s and the possibility of a manual returning to such a great platform. It’s a constant debate, but I needed a connection to a car. I wanted to row the gears. I know it’s much different than Muncie 4sp but what a feeling that 69 Judge had. I could literally feel the torque from that 455 punishing the driveshaft and feeling the nose of the car lift up so high you could barely see a hundred yards in front of you. And, I finally said, enough with the 500hp, turbo’d, M4 GTS. Pulled the trigger. And now I can enjoy the track AND the street. And, dear god, this things feels and sounds heavenly. I have yet to get it on the track despite diligent efforts. But, I’ve manage to put on 500mi in less than a month looking for any reason to enjoy that car. Don’t know how to operate any of it; radio, nav, cruise. Don’t care. I’ll crawl back into my corner now. Here she is.
Best post I've read in this thread, you sir are a champion haha. Congrats on the new car! If you ever want to swap musclecar stories and chat about that new missile of yours give me a call
Old 03-23-2018, 05:53 PM
bigskyGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

Beautiful car. Congrats and welcome.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:57 PM
Mr. Vanos
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadaver
Congrats on the Chalk! Great story I think many of us can relate to. Curious how did you net out on the M4 GTS? I (fortunately) passed several opportunities to get one last year and prices are now sub 100. I had seen them for $250k over MSRP when it was announced. I went AMG GTR route instead with zero regrets.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:14 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks BigSky... great snow up there this year. Was there earlier this month. Amazing!!!!

Originally Posted by Autoquest Motorsport
Best post I've read in this thread, you sir are a champion haha. Congrats on the new car! If you ever want to swap musclecar stories and chat about that new missile of yours give me a call
Dont tempt me! My better half just rolls her eyes and walks away when I start talking cars to someone. Stranger or not, she knows its going to be a long conversation. LOL

Originally Posted by Mr. Vanos

Congrats on the Chalk! Great story I think many of us can relate to. Curious how did you net out on the M4 GTS? I (fortunately) passed several opportunities to get one last year and prices are now sub 100. I had seen them for $250k over MSRP when it was announced. I went AMG GTR route instead with zero regrets.
I got $119k. Prices did drop quite a bit, I think to a BMW enthusiast that understands the true purpose of this car it should still be worth that or more. To build one from a ZCP M4 it would cost more than the GTS, IMHO. Such a great car with loads of track potential when treated as such. I think dialed in the GTS could "somewhat" compete with the GT3 and the AMG GTR on the track. With more camber and mods, it may be able to legitimately compete, but you wouldnt be able to enjoy it otherwise. It is such a pity, because it is a work of art. It just isn't a dual purpose car and advertising it as such was a mistake for the M division and I think the recent demise in value. I, actually, regret selling it. I guess I could always buy another in another year for even less.

In the meantime, trying to get a kitchen pass to take the GT3 to the track...
Old 03-23-2018, 11:44 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Here is some track fun from last weekend

Quick Reply: The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...