16' GT3 RS Pricing...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 10:48 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,781 Likes on 4,774 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Having just bought one this thread makes me think a lot.....I thinks I'll drive the RS and not worry about what I paid for it or what it will be worth 6 months or a year down the road. I thinks I'll take it the track when I can because it feels at home there. I thinks I'll try to trade it in for a 991.2 RS and not worry that the trade number will be less if I drive it more.

I thinks I'll just enjoy the hell out of the car and not worry about the money spent....I thinks in the end I'll have had a more fulfilling car ownership life by owning one then overthinking what they're worth now, what I should pay for one, or what they'll be worth in the future. That's what I thinks.
Old 09-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Having just bought one this thread makes me think a lot.....I thinks I'll drive the RS and not worry about what I paid for it or what it will be worth 6 months or a year down the road. I thinks I'll take it the track when I can because it feels at home there. I thinks I'll try to trade it in for a 991.2 RS and not worry that the trade number will be less if I drive it more.

I thinks I'll just enjoy the hell out of the car and not worry about the money spent....I thinks in the end I'll have had a more fulfilling car ownership life by owning one then overthinking what they're worth now, what I should pay for one, or what they'll be worth in the future. That's what I thinks.
Me thinks you are right.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:17 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

This is what it's ALL about.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:46 AM
Jangobipbip
Instructor

Received 153 Likes on 34 Posts

You're simply right.
If the car keeps a good value, perfect, this is perfect, and if it falls, it falls.
Most important is to drive, to enjoy it.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:53 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by smookey
You're simply right.
If the car keeps a good value, perfect, this is perfect, and if it falls, it falls.
Most important is to drive, to enjoy it.
Agree. So many folks are treating these things like Van Goghs-get out and drive them. This car is a thrill to drive. I've put over 5k miles on mine since delivery this January, have only washed it once--its a freaking blast to drive. I'm sure my trade in will be crap if and when I decide to move on (GT2 seems out of picture since I'm not a 918 owner), but I will have a ton of smiles and great memories which have been worth the cost.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:59 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Agree. So many folks are treating these things like Van Goghs-get out and drive them. This car is a thrill to drive. I've put over 5k miles on mine since delivery this January, have only washed it once--its a freaking blast to drive. I'm sure my trade in will be crap if and when I decide to move on (GT2 seems out of picture since I'm not a 918 owner), but I will have a ton of smiles and great memories which have been worth the cost.
I have 30k on my 997 RS - foolishness to try to buy a new car to appreciate - go buy stocks or real estate to make money.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:40 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

We have two confirmed recent sales now at MSRP or essentially MSRP:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post14467763

Here is snapshot of some of what all the .1 RS's on CarGurus are currently asking. Quite a few dreamers sill as you can see:

And word is the .2 RS will be officially annonced shortly.
Old 09-11-2017, 07:06 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

my retirement plan is now ruined. Time to take the bubble wrap off and either sell or drive it. Oh wait, I'm driving th crap out of mine... I know people have different motives with purchasing these vehicles, but I've found I truly don't enjoy driving my RS around town. I've been beating it up all summer at track weekends, so cruising to the grocery store is a truly frustrating experience now in my RS. It's not what it's made for!

Quick Reply: 16' GT3 RS Pricing...