Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 gt3 build..got an allocation at 25k over MSRP.. normal ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by 911therapy
I think some folks are missing some key word meaning. MSRP = Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price. Not Manufacturers Required Retail Price.

As long as there are buyers willing to pay above MSRP, dealers will charge it. And frankly, they should do so. If the demand was not there, the dealer would drop it below MSRP. Would you be crying then? Even tho the dealer varied from the suggested retail price?

If you do not want to pay ADM, no big deal. Don't. But, stop calling dealers who charge fair market value for a product criminals. The dealers that charge MSRP to loyal customers are to be admired for sure. But, those that charge fair market value are likewise to be respected - it is simply wise business to maximize profit. That is the goal of business after all (balancing other variables in the process of course).

And I am no dealer. I am a lawyer. And there is no anti-trust violation in the scenario posed.
They can charge whatever they want and we (I) can choose to partake or not. ADM's and "market" adjusted private sellers has been beat to death.

The fact that a bunch of SoCal dealers want to charge over MSRP, yes we all know the S means Suggested some of you that is your only comeback post, is fine. Again the only irritation is the imbalance of many getting at MSRP and so many dealers then charging over MSRP. yes I know then I can take my money elsewhere to another dealer or another brand even. Got it, horse is dead.

I was only making a statement to fact that was what is going to happen and going on in SoCal. Quite frankly one dealer said his list is double the amount of his allocations deep at $30K over so the demand and people willing to pay that price is strong. The only ones at his dealer getting MSRP are the 918 VIP's. Good for them.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:47 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by sportscentury
Market determines value. Market value may be lower than, equal to, or greater than MSRP.
In GT car sales, I don't think this idea holds.

To me, there is no relationship, whatsoever, between a "free market" and the market for Porsche GT cars. Primarily because "free market" is, mostly, free of manipulators.

The players in the GT market, are all manipulators. For reasons of their own, the manufacturer manipulates supply, the dealer manipulates supply and demand. Even the consumers conspire to manipulate demand.

The rules in this GT buying game are a lot different than the rules in a free market. And to the prospective buyer/negotiator who is genuinely determined to get his /her hands on one these beautiess at a satisfying price, it's best to know the rules.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:53 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman

To me, there is no relationship, whatsoever, between a "free market" and the market for Porsche GT cars. Primarily because "free market" is, mostly, free of manipulators.

The players in the GT market, are all manipulators. For reasons of their own, the manufacturer manipulates supply, the dealer manipulates supply and demand. Even the consumers conspire to manipulate demand.

The rules in this GT buying game are a lot different than the rules in a free market. And to the prospective buyer/negotiator who is genuinely determined to get his /her hands on one these beautiess at a satisfying price, it's best to know the rules.
+1. Put every single GT car allocation for the entire production run up on an open trading market (like a stock being traded) and then see what each car sells for. Then you'll know the open market price.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:56 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Great post.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:56 AM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

............ And to the prospective buyer/negotiator who is genuinely determined to get his /her hands on one these beautiess at a satisfying price, it's best to know the rules.
what are the rules?
Old 09-11-2017, 02:59 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

The rules are there are no rules, civility is gone as it honesty. If you find someone who offers both, you keep that info to yourself or your dealer will get inundated and you can't get a car.

Let me be clear, I believe eery 918 owner deserves the perks they get, the special editions, the special favors etc, they earned it. However the hassle free easy purchase they get is something I think we all deserve.

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 build..got an allocation at 25k over MSRP.. normal ?