Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 11:39 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i am hoping they make 100000000000000 .2RS
we all get one
price plummets on all GT cars, include all the one's i already have.
then we can DRIVE them instead of staring and talking about them.
cars are for driving not for showing who's fifth appendage is longer and thicker.... so sad
That would be great but reality sets in and local dealer won't discuss an RS 2RS add Porsche won't honestly share production - yet P HQ talks about their cars being driven but it's just talk much like collectors flippers.

It's the most difficult brand to work with - unless you are in their top few hundred there is no change coming anytime soon and that's HQ's choice. Makes it difficult for this section to enjoy the brand as you state it's simply no longer the cheap car track possibly the most expensive.
Old 09-26-2017, 11:51 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
That would be great but reality sets in and local dealer won't discuss an RS 2RS add Porsche won't honestly share production - yet P HQ talks about their cars being driven but it's just talk much like collectors flippers.

It's the most difficult brand to work with - unless you are in their top few hundred there is no change coming anytime soon and that's HQ's choice. Makes it difficult for this section to enjoy the brand as you state it's simply no longer the cheap car track possibly the most expensive.
How? You're friend, who is a dealer principle, shouldn't have a hard time finding you an RS allocation when the time comes...

-Weren't you listing your CGT and RS, FS? Trade in to your buddies dealership?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:04 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Makes it difficult for this section to enjoy the brand as you state it's simply no longer the cheap car track possibly the most expensive.
It sometimes feels like the GT car requires the "GT Club Card".
Old 09-26-2017, 01:54 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
How? You're friend, who is a dealer principle, shouldn't have a hard time finding you an RS allocation when the time comes...

-Weren't you listing your CGT and RS, FS? Trade in to your buddies dealership?
He has a long list of customers that get served first I wouldn't ask him to put me in the front he did get me a GT3 allocation but no PTS and manual was sketchy info so cancelled.

My RS is for sale - CGT has had some nice offers but it's only replacement IMO would be an F50 and that's a lot of cash for an equal car.

Kissing dealers rears to buy a car is not my thing and I am a deal guy so no way paying over msrp. local dealer fed me bad info on 2RS shot myself in the foot listening to them and others here.

I enjoy the forum - it just makes no sense too me why Porsche can't disclose allocation and production when they offer a new GT - so it comes down to Porsche marketing who plays these childish games to bring attention to the brand.

Mass - completely agree but those are set to expire.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:03 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 227 Likes on 130 Posts

He has a long list of customers that get served first I wouldn't ask him to put me in the front he did get me a GT3 allocation but no PTS and manual was sketchy info so cancelled.

My RS is for sale - CGT has had some nice offers but it's only replacement IMO would be an F50 and that's a lot of cash for an equal car.

Kissing dealers rears to buy a car is not my thing and I am a deal guy so no way paying over msrp. local dealer fed me bad info on 2RS shot myself in the foot listening to them and others here.

I enjoy the forum - it just makes no sense too me why Porsche can't disclose allocation and production when they offer a new GT - so it comes down to Porsche marketing who plays these childish games to bring attention to the brand.

Mass - completely agree but those are set to expire.
Ah I see.. Agreed on points.. Deal guy myself.
Old 09-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

Weird to read that the blame game goes back to Porsche.

They have stated numerous times the GT2RS will not be a limited production model, unlike the last GT2RS, the 911R or the Turbo S Exclusive Series. It will be like a regular production car like a GT3, a Turbo, a GTS, a 718, etc.

Production capacity of their plants are also a known number, They have said many times the current max is around 40 GT cars per production day, and about 270 cars total for all 911 and 718 variants at Zuffenhausen. Leipzig can make about 630 cars a day.

The dealers are the one taking orders and entering them into the system, so Porsche can judge the demand.

If dealers are gaming the system and not entering information properly into the system, Porsche have no ways to know the real demand. Not Porsche's fault that their North American dealers are withholding information and creating higher markup.

The USA sales system is broken, with dealers able to sell out of state, instead of just their local area, multiple person can have multiple orders with multiple dealers and causing confusion and havoc in the allocation process. PCNA's hands are tied with the US laws protecting the dealers. They could try and maintain a centralize database to keep track and dictate which car goes to which dealer for which customer to manage the demand. But dealers would balk at that as some of their orders are bogus ones just so they can have showroom cars to flip.
Old 09-27-2017, 02:28 PM
993RR
Pro

Received 187 Likes on 123 Posts

Good post
Old 09-27-2017, 02:57 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Weird to read that the blame game goes back to Porsche.

They have stated numerous times the GT2RS will not be a limited production model, unlike the last GT2RS, the 911R or the Turbo S Exclusive Series. It will be like a regular production car like a GT3, a Turbo, a GTS, a 718, etc.

Production capacity of their plants are also a known number, They have said many times the current max is around 40 GT cars per production day, and about 270 cars total for all 911 and 718 variants at Zuffenhausen. Leipzig can make about 630 cars a day.

The dealers are the one taking orders and entering them into the system, so Porsche can judge the demand.

If dealers are gaming the system and not entering information properly into the system, Porsche have no ways to know the real demand. Not Porsche's fault that their North American dealers are withholding information and creating higher markup.

The USA sales system is broken, with dealers able to sell out of state, instead of just their local area, multiple person can have multiple orders with multiple dealers and causing confusion and havoc in the allocation process. PCNA's hands are tied with the US laws protecting the dealers. They could try and maintain a centralize database to keep track and dictate which car goes to which dealer for which customer to manage the demand. But dealers would balk at that as some of their orders are bogus ones just so they can have showroom cars to flip.
Agreed. I put a deposit down for a new 488 yesterday. Was the easiest 320k I've spent, no games.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:22 PM
RINGMEISTER27
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
Agreed. I put a deposit down for a new 488 yesterday. Was the easiest 320k I've spent, no games.
That’s because a 488 is not a GT3RS.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:45 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by RINGMEISTER27
That’s because a 488 is not a GT3RS.
That may be true, but some of us are tired of the constant "playing hard to get" games.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:21 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That may be true, but some of us are tired of the constant "playing hard to get" games.
exactly...was easier to get a ford gt allocation than regular GT cars from PCNA.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:19 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

exactly...was easier to get a ford gt allocation than regular GT cars from PCNA.
Obviously that is not true.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:25 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CHADW
Obviously that is not true.
let me correct myself. was easier for me to get a GT allocation from ford, than a GT2RS from PCNA.
Old 09-27-2017, 07:28 PM
CHADW
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

let me correct myself. was easier for me to get a GT allocation from ford, than a GT2RS from PCNA.
Well at least you are a VVIP with one mfr!

I’m the opposite. Really want a NFGT and even filled out the silly application but didn’t get one. Can’t wait for my 2RS and I know you will love that Ford!
Old 09-27-2017, 08:24 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Been thinking.

The GT3RS really needs more TQ or needs to be regeared.
Part of the speed of going to 19” is the smaller diameter rear tire.

I mean a regeared breathed-on manual GT4 on smaller rears can pull me in some corners because it’s the same TQ, less weight.

So Porsche needs to either make it lighter, fit more reasonable size rear tires, regear a lot for lower top speed OR go bigger displacement.

So maybe bigger then 4.0 is actually easier, cheaper to produce then all the above..
Just GT2RS Tires and a 9000RPM 4.0 won’t do enough to make it faster then a GT3 and a GT3 already will have trouble keeping up with the ever faster turbo non GT cars because TQ.

Quick Reply: .2GT3RS speculation/information thread.