Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,277 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by S1000RR
Sorry for the wait. Here it is out of my work window
Wow! Fantastic!
Old 12-14-2016, 08:27 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 971 Posts

Sorry for the wait. Here it is out of my work window
Mother of God thats Hot
Old 12-14-2016, 08:34 PM
S1000RR
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the warm welcomes guys!
Old 12-24-2016, 06:14 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Received 100 Likes on 80 Posts

Congratulations and welcome, fellow rider! Though no car can beat the visceral and elemental experience of a superbike, how do you like the GT4 so far? Looks great in Guards Red.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:11 PM
S1000RR
AutoX

Originally Posted by the_rider
Congratulations and welcome, fellow rider! Though no car can beat the visceral and elemental experience of a superbike, how do you like the GT4 so far? Looks great in Guards Red.
It is really an amazing car and lucky to be an owner of one. Always grinning every time I take it out.
I would have never of thought I would actually own a Porsche. My previous cars were always Mercedes as well as amg models.
The Porsche is just refined and brings out a complete different set characteristic. Hopefully will be able to attend an autocross event.

With that being send, if any one knows of any in the tristate area, let me know. I'm sure we have threads on that topic.

And I agree on the experience of superbikes, especially track days. Always seeking to push it further and feeling the bikes response.

How do you like the mv? I was considering a 2014, but just didn't seem to bring enough to the table as the bmw.
Old 12-25-2016, 03:35 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,538 Likes on 659 Posts

Congrats and welcome! Enjoy for many miles in the best of health!
Old 12-29-2016, 11:15 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

I would have never of thought I would actually own a Porsche. My previous cars were always Mercedes as well as amg models.
The Porsche is just refined and brings out a complete different set characteristic. Hopefully will be able to attend an autocross event.

How do you like the mv? I was considering a 2014, but just didn't seem to bring enough to the table as the bmw.
Agree; once you go Porsche, there is no turning back! From here, your options are limited. If I have to name-drop, Lotus and Caterham come to mind. But, Porsche is the master of packaging all the right ingredients perfectly.

I love the F4. Mine being '07, is first gen (pre-2010). Incredibly beautiful; sounds pure F1 (V10-era); and, handles adequately, for the street. I will never sell mine. However, for the track use, I would not recommend, as you rightfully passed up! It's heavy; all the electronics are poorly put together; just falls short against all competent modern superbikes. I don't track; so, none of the shortcomings matters. F3 seems better. Of course, S1000RR is hell of a ride. Rode once; just effortless. RSV4 is another great bike, for the track or street. I really want one. But, the reliability is ****-poor! And, Aprilia sucks bad in customer service and parts!

Last edited by spyderphile; 12-29-2016 at 11:18 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 12-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Volnomad
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! Congratulations! Is that Guards Red or Carmine?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:00 PM
S1000RR
AutoX

Originally Posted by Volnomad
Beautiful car! Congratulations! Is that Guards Red or Carmine?
Thank you! Guards Red
Old 01-02-2017, 09:05 PM
S1000RR
AutoX

Originally Posted by the_rider
Agree; once you go Porsche, there is no turning back! From here, your options are limited. If I have to name-drop, Lotus and Caterham come to mind. But, Porsche is the master of packaging all the right ingredients perfectly.

I love the F4. Mine being '07, is first gen (pre-2010). Incredibly beautiful; sounds pure F1 (V10-era); and, handles adequately, for the street. I will never sell mine. However, for the track use, I would not recommend, as you rightfully passed up! It's heavy; all the electronics are poorly put together; just falls short against all competent modern superbikes. I don't track; so, none of the shortcomings matters. F3 seems better. Of course, S1000RR is hell of a ride. Rode once; just effortless. RSV4 is another great bike, for the track or street. I really want one. But, the reliability is ****-poor! And, Aprilia sucks bad in customer service and parts!

I did see a used Lotus that was very eye catching. It was the evora, couldn't recall which model though. Would love to test drive one of those. Agreed, all the right ingredients.
That is the nice part of the f4, just sounds beautiful and the design is amazing. Big fan of the amg body work which was released last year. The thing that made me not choose the f4 was the weight you mentioned and the lack of power. Electronics I'm sure will be updated for 2017.
RSV4 I do not have the knowledge of, but hear that it is an astounding track bike, which was also on my list of consideration.
however, now that you mention the cons of it, good thing I decided not to go that route.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:43 PM
spyderphile
Three Wheelin'

Evora 400 seems like a kick *** ride. The reviews are glowing. By 2020 or so, next gen Elise/Exige should hit our shores. Something to look forward to.

2017 F4 is essentially the same bike as 2016; but Euro 4 compliant. However, don't even think about it! In case you aren't aware, MV is bankrupt! Literally! Presently, they are going through financial restructuring. Their business model is changing on a monthly basis. No parts or new bikes for more than a year. I had to park my F4 since 2015 fall, because I can't get parts for a major, scheduled service. The situation is complicated and sad! They will be back; hopefully soon.

According to rumors, Ducati is working on a V4 superbike for 2018. If true, will be awesome. If it sounds as good as RSV4, I will be all over it!

Quick Reply: New Member