Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for 987.2 PSE Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Looking for 987.2 PSE Exhaust

Like so many before me, I was completely satisfied with the sound of my new non-PSE 987.2 Boxster Spyder for all of... one month Just wanted to throw this out there, but I'd love the chance to pick up a used PSE exhaust, or even a modified Carnewal exhaust from one of you guys upgrading to the Fabspeed or other aftermarket systems. Having been down the loud exhaust path before I know it's not for me to go aftermarket, but would love to be able to hear SOMETHING back there! Please shoot me a PM if you happen to have one laying around, or are considering the aftermarket route yourself.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:27 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

The Cantrell option is very good and for about $750, including shipping, the price is reasonable. Yes, you have to take your car offline for a few weeks while you wait, but it's good to know it's the original. The tube diameter for the Spyder is larger where it connects to the manifold, so it's important you send them yours. I am strongly considering this, but for now, am happy with the slightly muted growl I get from the stock unit. Pretty cool!

http://cantrellmotorsport.com/produc...caymanboxster/
Old 07-13-2016, 01:35 PM
SuncoastParts
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 166 Likes on 88 Posts

Good luck in your search! If you decide to go new OEM let us know. We're always here to help!
Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow our Project 718 Build Thread!

Stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter
Facebook

Old 07-13-2016, 02:39 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Originally Posted by christallon
The Cantrell option is very good and for about $750, including shipping, the price is reasonable. Yes, you have to take your car offline for a few weeks while you wait, but it's good to know it's the original. The tube diameter for the Spyder is larger where it connects to the manifold, so it's important you send them yours. I am strongly considering this, but for now, am happy with the slightly muted growl I get from the stock unit. Pretty cool!

http://cantrellmotorsport.com/produc...caymanboxster/
Thanks a lot for the advice! I've considered this and been in contact with the nice folks at Cantrell, but the need to have the car laid up for a few days has prevented this option at this time... The car is not a daily, but my building in Chicago where the car lives does not allow any work to be done on the car. At least with a replacement unit in hand, I can use a friend's garage for a couple of hours and be done with it.

Originally Posted by SuncoastParts
Good luck in your search! If you decide to go new OEM let us know. We're always here to help!
Thank you, will do!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:26 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you can't find a Spyder or Cayman R exhaust and go with a regular 987 exhaust you will lose 10 HP. The Spyder/R exhaust has bigger tubes to gain the HP
Old 07-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Illini675
Instructor

Originally Posted by 66mustang
If you can't find a Spyder or Cayman R exhaust and go with a regular 987 exhaust you will lose 10 HP. The Spyder/R exhaust has bigger tubes to gain the HP
Great point... I was for some reason assuming that the diameter would be the same for the PSE regardless of whether or not it came from a cayman / boxster S or a Cayman R / Boxster Spyder. Not sure why I assumed only the standard exhausts varied between the models. I suppose this makes the hunt even more challenging.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:47 PM
Cman21
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Illini675
Great point... I was for some reason assuming that the diameter would be the same for the PSE regardless of whether or not it came from a cayman / boxster S or a Cayman R / Boxster Spyder. Not sure why I assumed only the standard exhausts varied between the models. I suppose this makes the hunt even more challenging.
Cayman R XLF part numbers
987.113.141.50 left side
987.113.142.50 right side

Standard XLF part numbers
987.113.511.30 left side
987.113.512.30 right side

Cman21

Quick Reply: Looking for 987.2 PSE Exhaust