Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incoming! Spyder arrives today!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 04:08 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Incoming! Spyder arrives today!

Very excited...after resisting temptation for months, I recently purchased a 981 Spyder. It arrives any minute!

I'll post pictures as soon as I'm able and the weather cooperates, but here's the skinny...

White, black interior with red stitching / accents, and well-optioned. I passed on PCCB's and LWB - both are amazing, but neither is well-suited for my intended use (and my intended co-pilot!).

Dreading the break-even period, but maybe the 997TT can keep me entertained!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

Congrats, our cars must have been on the same ship. I get mine on Saturday. Looking forward to your pictures.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Milehigh981
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!! Sounds like a great build, looking forward to seeing pics! Mine is unloading at port (houston) right now. We must have all been on the same ship
Old 05-03-2016, 06:50 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

You'll love it. I decided to get one as a hold-over car until my 991.2 GT3 RS build slot became available. My intention was to trade it in when the RS came. My dealer agreed that it would probably be a pretty sound idea, trade-wise, as he believes once people know how special the Spyder is it will retain its value fairly well. He also said to me on my way out, "..you're not going to want to trade it in, though." I'm pretty sure I'm going to have 2 Porsches in my garage in the future. My wife will not be happy
Old 05-04-2016, 09:10 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Milehigh981
Congrats!! Sounds like a great build, looking forward to seeing pics! Mine is unloading at port (houston) right now. We must have all been on the same ship
It's about time!! Congrats! Post pics when you get it home.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:46 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

The weather cleared up last night, so I took the Spyder for an inaugural ride before leaving town for work early this morning. It was nice bonding experience: top down, taking in that masterpiece of sound coming from the 3.8L -- may as well have had headphones on, taking in every bit of the music.

When I get better acquainted and can clear the break-in period, it'll be interesting to fully compare/contrast with the Turbo and other P-Cars I've owned. Initially, I can say the experience is delightful and leaves little to be desired. And did I mention that sound? Wow!

Quick Reply: Incoming! Spyder arrives today!