Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is my price reasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Georound
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Is my price reasonable?

Posted this over in the marketplace. If you think the price is unreasonable, shoot me a PM.
$19,900 for 2005 Boxster with 38k miles and a bunch of suspension parts

Thanks

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post13033305
Old 02-22-2016, 01:13 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems reasonable to me! Although a lot of ppl think boxsters should be free. If buyers don't like your price let them purchase something else. I guess for $19,000 they could get a 996 convertible with 120,000+ miles or even a new base model Honda civic.

Really though your car looks great if you don't have to sell it then hold out for however much it is worth to you! A few years ago I had my base 2000 boxster for sale. Less than 16,000 miles. I was going to use the money and the garage space for something newer and more expensive. I was asking $18,900. After some time a serious buyer turned up. He offered $17,500. I turned it down. Even though that was a great offer and I could have even countered to try to get more. In the end it just wasn't worth it to me to take less. I'm still enjoying the car today.

Good luck with your sale.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:25 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Here are my two cents since you asked:

All of your aftermarket upgrades and improvements, although nice, really aren't worth much. Something that you like/want may turn off a purist or someone who doesn't understand the benefits of the PSS9. So you may do better taking all of that off and selling them separately.

Hopefully you've got this listed in more places than just this forum. You need to put it on eBay for the best exposure.

If you think the price is too high, then it probably is. I think it is high, but I don't know the market in Kalifornia for 11 year-old sport cars with an automatic.

You took some nice, clear, sharp photos. But you need more, a lot more, interior shots, pictures not in parking lots (other cars are a distraction) and try to stay out of the direct sunlight. Pictures sell the car.

Me, personally, I'd not mention that you didn't "fix" the IMS. If they know about it, let them ask, and then you can explain that the warranty will cover it. Many buyers won't know. Is the AOS fix expensive? If not, don't mention it.

Leave off the PPI comment. "Your dime" - although a perfectly reasonable expectation - should be understood and may make you sound uncooperative and cheap.

HTH. Good luck!
Old 02-22-2016, 10:28 PM
Georound
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the input. I do appreciate the perspective. I'll work on better photos as soon as I can get some time. I was hoping the enthusiasts here would appreciate the parts and the expense of installation. I certainly can take off the parts and resell and have considered it. If it ends up going to Carmax, it will need to be stock.

Quick Reply: Is my price reasonable?