Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How HRE Wheels permanently lost a customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 02:22 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Hopefully we'll hear from 991TR and if he is feeling good.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:00 AM
donoman
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also had a bad experience with HRE, I was considering a set of wheels for my 964 but after dealing with them, they were not responsive to my questions; I decided to take my money to CCW and then later to BBS Motorsport. I won't deal with companies who don't answer my question and provide customer service. This is a luxury item... we pay luxury prices... these are not limited edition Air Jordans being sold to a 16 year old...
Old 12-30-2015, 07:16 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by donoman
these are not limited edition Air Jordans being sold to a 16 year old...
Did you see the prices of some of those limited editions sneakers? Some are a better investment than an old Porsche Don't know if that's a good analogy
Old 12-30-2015, 09:22 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Hopefully we'll hear from 991TR and if he is feeling good.
HRE should put up a post on this forum addressing the concerns of the OP. Sounds like this may be a systemic problem at HRE, and they need to deal with it. Are they the only ones? Of course not, but I'd be outraged if I was treated like that - and likely wouldn't buy their products unless I got one of their managers to personally handle my concerns and answer my questions.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:51 AM
Chris R.
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 27 Posts

Easy Phil G....
Not once in your professional career did you ever have a customer or patient who was not 100% happy? Give me a break....
I'm all about the best customer service possible but sometimes you can do everything and the person is still not satisfied.
I respect that HRE posted to apologize, that's the right thing to do. We also don;t know what the other side of the story is...perhaps the OP was not as friendly and nice as we think he was. There is always that 3rd side of the story...the truth! Lol

Anyway, good for HRE; and honestly if the OP (after blasting HRE publicly instead of first trying to speak to a manager or email someone) is still not happy and willing to speak to someone else then HRE may have dodged a bullet.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:11 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris R.
Easy Phil G....
Not once in your professional career did you ever have a customer or patient who was not 100% happy? Give me a break....
I'm all about the best customer service possible but sometimes you can do everything and the person is still not satisfied.
I respect that HRE posted to apologize, that's the right thing to do. We also don;t know what the other side of the story is...perhaps the OP was not as friendly and nice as we think he was. There is always that 3rd side of the story...the truth! Lol

Anyway, good for HRE; and honestly if the OP (after blasting HRE publicly instead of first trying to speak to a manager or email someone) is still not happy and willing to speak to someone else then HRE may have dodged a bullet.
Sorry, I missed HRE's post. They did the right thing. Have I always been as "customer friendly" with my patients as I try to be? Probably not. Agree wholeheartedly with your post!
Old 12-30-2015, 11:16 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

I think HRE Staff handled the situation OK. Sending a PM first is the right course of action. You just don't add oil to the fire in a public forum.

With no updates since, the original issue could have been squashed and settled already.

I think some of you are making the issue worse than it seems.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:30 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
I think HRE Staff handled the situation OK. Sending a PM first is the right course of action. You just don't add oil to the fire in a public forum.

With no updates since, the original issue could have been squashed and settled already.

I think some of you are making the issue worse than it seems.
Agreed. Especially having only one side of the story. As has been mentioned previously, typically the truth lies in between both sides of the story.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:42 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts

I've been on RL nearly 10 years and typically when someone posts a gripe it's due to a faulty product and subsequent lack of customer service in taking care of the problem/issue.

In this case, it was a phone call.. nothing more, nothing less -- no money was ever exchanged, no product was found to be defective, just a phone call. HRE tried to PM the OP and according to their post, they have been unresponsive.

As others have said, the truth lies in the middle and my guess is that the OP and Antonio were both having a bad day and it's turned into a public spectacle.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:35 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

I've owned >50 sets of HRE wheels, and customer service, or no customer service, their wheels are THE BEST built wheels out there. Period.

That said, customer service for people who don't have the experience with the quality of their wheels IS important (especially at the price point). Im guessing this is all a big misunderstanding, with a probability of the OP being a bit too needy, and the HRE rep, being a bit too standoffish.

My point.... OP; its worth it to give them a second chance, none of the other wheels mentioned in this thread will stand up to an HRE, and your car is worth putting the RIGHT wheels on!!
Old 12-31-2015, 12:54 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Originally Posted by SJJ28
I've owned >50 sets of HRE wheels,
Did you have HRE wheels on your Spyder? Any pics?
Old 12-31-2015, 02:53 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
Did you have HRE wheels on your Spyder? Any pics?
I did!!

Let me see if I can find some...

edit.. that was easy!!

Old 01-02-2016, 02:22 PM
991TR
Advanced

Hey everyone, I'm the original poster.

In the best interest of communication, I chose not to speak with Jorge from HRE until I felt that I had cooled off. Calling immediately might have caused me to project how I felt about Antonio onto Jorge, which would resolve nothing.

New Year's eve afternoon I called Jorge.

The good news is that my experience with Jorge was night-and-day compared to Antonio. Jorge apologized profusely for how the call went and agreed that the service I received wasn't consistent with what anyone should expect from HRE. From my short time on the phone with him, Jorge sounds like a really nice guy who was sincerely concerned with the previous interaction and didn't try to sell me a set of wheels.

Had Jorge (or possibly anyone else at HRE) been the person who picked up the phone, it'd be very likely that I would have purchased a set of wheels on that call. However, it was Antonio who I spoke with and I do stand by my experience with him.

As a final note. This thread wasn't intended as a flame towards HRE or anyone who has purchased its wheels. From what I've read, customers are happy enough to be repeat customers and that was part of the reason that prompted me to consider buying a set of its wheels.

I want to thank everyone for the input and feedback regarding their experiences with wheels and HRE. It's good to get a different perspective from other car owners in the RL/Porsche community and I do appreciate it.

For now, it looks like my car will have to wait for aftermarket forged wheels.

Old 01-02-2016, 03:27 PM
bldn10
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts

I can't count the no. of times in my life I have talked to a sales rep on the phone or even in a store inquiring about an ad or promotion I had seen somewhere and the person has absolutely no clue what I am talking about. In all types of businesses there is often a disconnect between marketing/advertising and the sales staff. I suspect that sometimes an ad firm places ads w/o the co. even knowing the substance. How many times have you asked about "that thingamajig you have on sale" and not been able to get an answer? Or you might get, "oh, let me check our ad in the paper" or let me go online and see if I can find it." I suspect that might have happened here. HRE wants to advertise that they now have GT4 fitments but the ad only shows 1 wheel, when in actuality most of their styles are available for the GT4. But they want to keep the ad simple. If that is the case here, I blame the co. for not making sure Sales/Cust. Service is prepared to field inquiries, the ad co., and Antonio if he went into "who is this moron" mode.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,269 Likes on 585 Posts

Originally Posted by bldn10
I can't count the no. of times in my life I have talked to a sales rep on the phone or even in a store inquiring about an ad or promotion I had seen somewhere and the person has absolutely no clue what I am talking about. In all types of businesses there is often a disconnect between marketing/advertising and the sales staff. I suspect that sometimes an ad firm places ads w/o the co. even knowing the substance. How many times have you asked about "that thingamajig you have on sale" and not been able to get an answer? Or you might get, "oh, let me check our ad in the paper" or let me go online and see if I can find it." I suspect that might have happened here. HRE wants to advertise that they now have GT4 fitments but the ad only shows 1 wheel, when in actuality most of their styles are available for the GT4. But they want to keep the ad simple. If that is the case here, I blame the co. for not making sure Sales/Cust. Service is prepared to field inquiries, the ad co., and Antonio if he went into "who is this moron" mode.
Well said.

Quick Reply: How HRE Wheels permanently lost a customer