Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member Lurking Around

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 01:02 PM
THEMuz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member Lurking Around

Brand-Spankin'-New member here. I just had another b-day this month and I made the decision that I need to stop messing around and get serious about finding my first, truly fun car. I'm a car guy to begin with so I could always appreciate a Porsche, but never thought I would have one.

I've set myself to task finding the right car and I think I've settled on a '09/'10 CS. A good friend of mine, and a rabid 944 owner, told me this is one of the places to get great info. So I'm probably going to be leaning on the 987 crowd around here a bit. There's so much I do know, but there's so much I don't know. You can study stock cars from manufacturer literature all day long but I know nothing of the aftermarket scene for a CS.

So I just thought I would introduce myself to the room. I haven't found that perfect CS buy yet, but I'm on the lookout. I have a lot more knowledge to gain; such as I see what people are asking, but I have little knowledge of what things actually sell for, percentage wise that is. Spring time is probably more likely the time I'll buy (gotta have the cash on hand, I hate loans).

Anyway, see Y'all around the forums.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:12 PM
DaveCarrera4
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by THEMuz
Brand-Spankin'-New member here. I just had another b-day this month and I made the decision that I need to stop messing around and get serious about finding my first, truly fun car. I'm a car guy to begin with so I could always appreciate a Porsche, but never thought I would have one. I've set myself to task finding the right car and I think I've settled on a '09/'10 CS. A good friend of mine, and a rabid 944 owner, told me this is one of the places to get great info. So I'm probably going to be leaning on the 987 crowd around here a bit. There's so much I do know, but there's so much I don't know. You can study stock cars from manufacturer literature all day long but I know nothing of the aftermarket scene for a CS. So I just thought I would introduce myself to the room. I haven't found that perfect CS buy yet, but I'm on the lookout. I have a lot more knowledge to gain; such as I see what people are asking, but I have little knowledge of what things actually sell for, percentage wise that is. Spring time is probably more likely the time I'll buy (gotta have the cash on hand, I hate loans). Anyway, see Y'all around the forums.
welcome! Hope you find the same type of CS that I found...one that you can fall in love with. I lucked out with the perfect car for me. Only thing it's missing as I think about it is the PSE. If you find one with PSE, congrats in advance!
Old 10-21-2015, 05:32 PM
THEMuz
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Dave. It's been an interesting education process on all things Porsche. It's definitely an pretty specific sub-culture to the standard car culture.
Old 10-21-2015, 07:54 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 287 Posts

Welcome. If you haven't already noticed, in addition to this Cayman sub forum there is also the 987-981 forum which has relevant content. Just one of those RL things... Best of luck in finding the right car.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:55 AM
eddielasvegas
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Hello and Welcome THEMuz.

Lots of good info here and patience is your best friend during your search.

Let us know when you find your Porsche.

Eddie

Quick Reply: New Member Lurking Around