Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gallardo Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 04:21 PM
Pete C
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by David A
The balboni edition is the only one I would consider. RWD and manual.
Also 560/2
Nicer full alcantara interior w/carbon bucket seats.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:27 AM
PhilNotHill
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gallardo is more exotic. Louder and gets more attention...from cops too. Check out rear visibility. You may want/need a backup camera.

Boxster/Cayman has much more storage. A real pleasure to take on a trip. I happen to be enamored with Porsche engineering. Nothing else like it.

Best
Old 10-17-2015, 02:28 PM
djantlive
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CFGT3
Interesting thoughts from someone who has experience with these cars. I've often thought about taking the plung and getting a true exotic, but maintenance costs and the fact that those types of cars attract an extreme amount of attention, have always kept me away from them.

For me at least, I'm very auditory and feel that the "sound" is as much a pleasure of driving as the act itself and the Italian exotics are just so darn sexy when it comes to that. What was your impression of the Gallardos (perhaps Super Leggera) compared to the F430 and/or 458 and the 430 vs. 458?
458 is extremely fast and very well sorted (reliability, engineering, and performance) example of modern Ferrari. It is no wonder they sold so many. However, the car is much easier to drive that you don't really need to know how to drive well to go fast. The same can be true about huracan, 12c. It is 30% faster than 430/360 and 10% less exciting.

I won't comment on SL since I have only driven regular Gallardo and lp560. The look of SL is definitely cool.

F430 is an more mature version of 360. It isn't quite completely new. F360 is the first modern Ferrari, a game changer. F360 is aging but it still looks good.

Quick Reply: Gallardo Comparisons