Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 GT4s For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 09:29 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I bought a car from PNH a few months back from out of state, leftover 991, sight unseen, huge discount off sticker, and they were great to deal with. I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.
Bet if a dealer skipped over you you'd feel differently.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:56 AM
Dr. Satan
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
+1. And skipped over you after holding your 5 grand or other amount for deposit interest free for 6 months or more.

Also if allocations are so tight how did 4 allocations end up with potluck options all at the same lot? These should have been built to fulfill an order for someone somewhere with money on a 'wait list'.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:27 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 258 Posts

I'll score it no harm, no foul as I would not have been interested in cars without LWBs (made that compromise already on another car).
Old 08-26-2015, 12:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
If I really wanted a car, I would have been in constant contact with my SA, so I doubt I would have missed them. But I do agree that they would have been wise to contact everyone on their list. My guess is that a few of the salesmen just didn't do that. The GM should have made sure it got done.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 PM
alleykat
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I tried to deal with their sister dealership Lambo Houston and couldn't get a call back. Even went in person to speak to the sales guy that I had emailed with,he wasn't there that day. Still didn't get a call back even after I left notice I was very interested.Lambo Dallas on the other hand they know me by name.Great group of guys up there that didn't judge off my looks.No suit needed they know I mean business even if I'm in flip flops and a $10 Target tshirt.Indigo auto group will get no business from me. Porsche West Houston treated me amazing even though I ended up buying from private owner.I will definetly buy my next Porsche from West Houston.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 707 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by alleykat
Great group of guys up there that didn't judge off my looks.No suit needed they know I mean business even if I'm in flip flops and a $10 Target tshirt.
This hits home. I think it is so funny and happens to me ALL THE TIME. On weekends I am in shorts and t-shirts that my wife buys at Kohl's, I love that place.

Went shopping for a Porsche, certainly just kicking tires but was in the market. One dealer wouldn't even offer a test drive, basically was so cold that we were not welcomed and just wanted us to leave. Another dealer the next weekend again same thing, dressed the same way treated us totally different. Test drives for both me and my wife, took the car out of the showroom and moved about 5 other cars to do it etc etc. Needless to say we bought that 2015 991TT from them that day. Thing that sucked is the one that didn't get our business is WAY closer.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:00 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 94 Posts

If I really wanted a car, I would have been in constant contact with my SA, so I doubt I would have missed them. But I do agree that they would have been wise to contact everyone on their list. My guess is that a few of the salesmen just didn't do that. The GM should have made sure it got done.
Are you kidding? SAs don't make a move without the sales manager's permission. I'm sure the SAs hands were tied on this.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:11 PM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Hey guys, this thread was brought to my attention and I thought I would clear the air on the subject. I wish that I could multi quote everyone but I will just get to the point as my reputation as well as PNH is being questioned for it's integrity. First of all we are a Porsche Premier dealer and have earned that by the way we conduct our business. We were given these cars as a package deal if we accepted Several undesirables of which are hard to sell and remain in our inventory for extended periods that we may in the end potentially lose money on. As for the notification of clients on the waiting lists.. We were told in a meeting that we had so much time to notify our clients of availability before they were offered publicly. I had no one to call as our more seasoned veterans here had that list occupied and I had no chance of being able to add anyone that I had interested.
That's the way that it goes in our business and I have to accept that. I was told by a few of the guys that the clients that they Could get Ahold of were stating that they would be patient and order the car the way that they wanted it. My thoughts were as many would agree and have stated, that most wanted the LWB's option and none of these had it.. After the time limit invoked by management went by we were told we could offer the cars up for a premium to the public.
My Public is you guys and this community.. I knew that I could sell these quickly and for a lot lower premium than any of the other dealers that are offering them. I've always made it a point to offer all of our inventory at a lower price here as a way to earn more business now and in the future.
Needless to say, I am as unpopular amongst my colleagues here because I was smart enough to pay the $650 per month out of my own pocket and try to make this a successful avenue to sell more cars, which is how I make my living. They never had a chance as I sold all of them.. It's been a great success and I more than hold my own in the competition between my peers.
As for the deletion of the thread, it was a lot of congratulations and good comments and then it got on the discussion of pricing and negativity so I thought it was best to end the pain. Sometimes when I post these ads on particular rare cars here I think of all of the negativity by some, not most and would it be worth it or not. But you know what? It is worth it because you guys (RL) get an opportunity to own them and I sell every one of them
We get it you are a car dealer.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:56 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by jeanrabelais
Are you kidding? SAs don't make a move without the sales manager's permission. I'm sure the SAs hands were tied on this.
I guess you missed the part where he said "We were told in a meeting that we had so much time to notify our clients of availability before they were offered publicly."
Old 09-02-2015, 10:51 PM
Has-been
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a GT4 from Canada with only 60 miles on it on eBay right now..

http://r.ebay.com/eUoLn2
Old 09-03-2015, 12:51 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

I guess you missed the part where he said "We were told in a meeting that we had so much time to notify our clients of availability before they were offered publicly."
No, I didn't miss that. I'm actually a very close reader and very familiar with rhetorical strategies and hermeneutics. This particular sentence you point out is just a series of empty signifiers and inexactitudes. Just my 2 cents. I'm just glad that the story got out so now people can decide for themselves and be informed when looking for a dealership to give $$$ to.

Escuses escuses. I hate hearing them.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 707 Likes on 389 Posts

We get it you are a car dealer.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:03 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

No, I didn't miss that. I'm actually a very close reader and very familiar with rhetorical strategies and hermeneutics. This particular sentence you point out is just a series of empty signifiers and inexactitudes. Just my 2 cents. I'm just glad that the story got out so now people can decide for themselves and be informed when looking for a dealership to give $$$ to.

Escuses escuses. I hate hearing them.
i had to look up the word "hermeneutics".. thank you, just learned something
Old 09-03-2015, 01:34 AM
jeanrabelais
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
i had to look up the word "hermeneutics".. thank you, just learned something
did the definition mention the god Hermes? The messenger of the gods. The word comes from his name.

That's what life is about - always learning questioning progressing and having fun while doing it! It's why I love driving around the country rather than just flying over it if I have the extra time.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:42 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Never bought a Porsche before. Heard about the GT4 when it went official. Called Park Place Dallas and put my deposit down ($1k) within 5 minutes of GT4 being produced was announced.

I picked up my custom ordered GT4 from Park Place a few weeks ago at MSRP. Easiest car buying experience I've ever had. Suffice to say, they have a customer for life and I'm 38, so Lord willing, I have many more years to go. Heck, I'm even looking at a Cayenne GTS to replace my LX570 just because Park Place Dallas is so awesome and I want to buy another car from them.

Just FYI for anyone looking for a very reputable dealer (in my experience). Also, please note I'm not denigrating any other Porsche dealer as I have no personal experience with any of them.

Quick Reply: 4 GT4s For Sale