Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After battery reconnect - anything special need to be done?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts
Default After battery reconnect - anything special need to be done?

I'm going to disconnect my battery to work on my steering wheel soon and other than shoving a rag in the latch so the hood can't close/lock with no way to reopen, any special resets that need to be done when I re-connect? On my Italian car you have to recode the radio, go through a 30 point ECU restart list, stand on one foot and eat a bowl of spaghetti.. Just reconnect the terminal when i'm done, remove the latch blocker and go?
Old 07-09-2015, 03:59 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

iirc i had to re-set the power windows [hold buttons up for 3 secs] .i forget if i had to do the clock. the radio was unaffected. you will get some dash lights but a drive of 50 feet or so and mine re-set
Old 07-10-2015, 05:28 PM
pantera43
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gary, this is important but not sure if it relates to your year Cayman. On my CaymanR I had to first disconnect the negative cable first and then the positive when removing the battery. Upon reinstallation hook the positive first then negative last. If I didn't do this sequence I would have short circuited the electrical system or spiked it.

Dan
Old 07-10-2015, 10:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by pantera43
Gary, this is important but not sure if it relates to your year Cayman. On my CaymanR I had to first disconnect the negative cable first and then the positive when removing the battery. Upon reinstallation hook the positive first then negative last. If I didn't do this sequence I would have short circuited the electrical system or spiked it.

Dan
Very strange as the electrical "gods" shouldn't care either way but thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: After battery reconnect - anything special need to be done?