Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Sewickley Porsche for saving my track weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 12:34 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 621 Posts
Default Thank you Sewickley Porsche for saving my track weekend!

Sewickley Car Store in Sewickley PA is an awesome Porsche dealer (along with BMW and Audi). They are steeped in race history going back to their original owner. They support the local region (ARPCA) track events with technical help.

At Watkins Glen on May 8 (solo day, followed by DE on May 9/10) I was in attendance and had a good couple morning sessions 30 min each. The car was idling a bit rough on start up but there were no codes initially. As I headed out for session 3 I got a check engine light.

The service manager for Sewickley (also DE instructor) had his tech diagnose the problem. They quickly determined mass air flow sensor failure. They thought the car was okay to drive (not on track but to the hotel). Upon trying to depart hotel for dinner - car lurched so badly it couldn't be driven.

Sewickley service manager found a replacement sensor in California and had it overnighted. He followed up to be sure the west coast dealer came through - and confirmed at 5:30 pm on Friday that the part was in FEDEX. Sensor arrived Saturday morning and by 1 pm my car was running, test driven and ready to go.

The Sewickley service team saved my track weekend. I also planned to extend my track weekend with a trip to see Mom (Mother's Day) and visit a friend in remission from cancer. All would have been lost if Sewickley hadn't fixed the car.

I can't say enough positive things about my experiences with their service department. The service manager has guided me on the mods to the car after learning what I want from it and he was spot on with every recommendation. In Pittsburgh PA we are lucky to have this type of dealer - very supportive of track events and very knowledgeable in providing service for street and track cars.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:40 AM
DFW01TT
Burning Brakes

Received 530 Likes on 316 Posts

Love to hear good reports like that.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:56 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

That is top notch customer service and the kind of place you want to continue to support.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:03 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 621 Posts

In addition to the amazing service and quick repair - I received multiple offers of help from fellow track drivers.

It really is about the people. Two guys offered to put my car in their trailer (and I'd drive their car home). A friend from Pittsburgh offered his truck/trailer for my husband to pick me up if all else failed (hubby was at home). Another friend offered to give me his Cayman (actually his wife's Cayman) and he'd drive my car home. Initially when we thought the car might be drivable (before diagnosis) he figured if there was a chance of getting stranded, better him than me (I'm female and he felt it more risky for me to be on the roadside although it's never good for anyone). He also insisted I take wifey's Cayman for a session (him in right seat) and we had a BLAST. He didn't want me to miss the rest of the solo day - but I didn't miss anything because I spent my off track time with my friends (and getting updates on my C-R).

How awesome is this community that I received so many offers of assistance?! And to be fair - one of the trailer offers was from a Z06 owner, one from a GT-R owner. I feel very lucky to have met so many wonderful people in the world of cars, and to have made some great friends.

As for supporting the dealer - we pick up a '15 Panamera GTS tomorrow! The service department is a big part of the reason we want to be customers - but we've been treated very well since first meeting the SCS folks.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 05-28-2015 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:03 AM
DKP 97 C2 Coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

We are very fortunate in Western PA to have a dealer who supports the track enthusiast community as comprehensively as the Sewickley Car Store does. Duane Smith and his crew in the Porsche service department have for years and continue to set what I believe to be standard to which any Porsche dealer should aspire to in this regard....BRAVO!
Old 05-28-2015, 06:02 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't heard, but Joe Serbin is no longer with Sewickely. He's opening his own shop. I will be opening him up as an authorized Guard Transmission installation facility. He is the one who created and nurtured my relationship with Sewickely, and I am fiercely loyal to the people who support me and my brand. Just an FYI.

Regards,

Matt Monson
Guard Transmission LLC
Old 05-28-2015, 07:09 PM
rjpeaks
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just love hearing about great folks.

Quick Reply: Thank you Sewickley Porsche for saving my track weekend!