Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cayman r prices and other stuff

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 10:37 PM
nrob
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

26k miles, regular seats, not sport bucket, 6 speed manual, not pdk.

Has nav and wart on dash.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:25 PM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 375 Likes on 269 Posts

Is seller providing records on the repairs? and are you getting a PPI? I'd look real close at the damage and quality of the repair. Sounds a little odd if the airbags deployed in a rear end collision. Maybe the diminished value will not be too great for a somewhat rare car, but normally I'd expect a collision that deployed airbags to reduce value more than 1.1k.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:09 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 454 Likes on 310 Posts

There is a very nice 2012 Cayman R here locally in the Orlando area, from the same dealer I bought my CS from, with only 5220 miles on it, but he didn't list the price. Below is the main part of his online ad. This one would interest me of i hadn't bought mine just 3 months ago. It has most of all I'd be looking for. I'm sure he will give his price if u contact him. If I had to guess, It might be up in the 60s for one this nice and with this low mileage, but it's just my guess. It is a collector car with that low a mintage and these desirable features.

CAYMAN R!
UPGRADES!! BUCKET SEATS!!
Carfax certified call Oliver @ 407-402-5553.
Options- 11 Black Interior w/ Alcantara(R) 490 Sound Package Plus with Storage 573 Automatic A/C 585 Cup Holder 619 Bluetooth(R) 639 Sport Chrono Package 695 CDR-30 Audio System 810 Floor Mats 843 Sport DesignSWwithAlcantara(R) 870 Universal Audio Interface G1 Guards Red XLF Sports Exhaust System ZCR Cayman R Logo ZHE Fixed Rear Spoiler ZPR Preparation for Radio MSRP $73,770 UPGRADES- Center Radiator, RSS GT3 Camber Adjustable Control Arms, Rear Links, Rennline Aluminum Pedal\s, Front Camber Plates, Slotted Two Piece Rotors w/ Aluminum Hats, Clear Bra. Exterior- Excellent condition, Interior- Extra clean. This Cayman R has been inspected with paint meter. All metal panels are factory original. This is the one you've been lookin for- extra low miles, nice options, tons of upgrades, mint condition, clean history. Service receipts and part receipts, all services up to date. Finished in Guards Red w/ Black leather. Includes 2-keys/2-remotes and owners manuals. Give us a call or send us an email before it's too late. No Hidden Fees, No Hassle Buying. Save Thousands $$$. Click On Link for 30 Photos. Trade-Ins Accepted, Ask For Details. - See more at: http://www.milleniamotors.com/2012-Porsche-Cayman-R-Longwood-FL-32750/5487087#sthash.XB8M12dp.dpuf
Old 05-17-2015, 12:59 AM
nrob
Track Day

Thanks, I'll check on it.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:22 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by nrob
26k miles, regular seats, not sport bucket, 6 speed manual, not pdk.

Has nav and wart on dash.
Miles ok. Not excessive but
more than many I've seen advertised. Sports seats, great for DD but buckets are more desirable. Manual more desirable than PDK for some. At $51k it's a good price. Question is what the market would make of accident history.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:25 AM
nrob
Track Day

Exactly what I've been struggling with, John. How detrimental is damage and I don't know exactly what was done. But, it has a clean title according to carfax.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:59 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by nrob
Exactly what I've been struggling with, John. How detrimental is damage and I don't know exactly what was done. But, it has a clean title according to carfax.

As long as you price it well going in it will be ok on the way out. What you need to think about is your ownership style. My 996 turbo had 105,000 miles on the clock and I'm an as new car owner, if I can afford it. I just didn't gel with the car so didn't enjoy it as much as I do the R. My R is near pristine and has the options I wanted. It's a better fit. For maybe $10,000 extra I'd be in the near new car and know I can hold out for a good price on the way out. It's easier selling a desirable car than a bargain. Of course it's still an R.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:54 AM
number 9
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a gt4 due in December so I'll be letting go of my CR idealy in sept/ oct. Right now I have my phone number and a 'for sale' decal on the back window since I live in a place with a lot of impetuous spenders. I'm asking $68k firm ('unmolested' with the PCCBs and <13k miles). I don't intend to step on this thread to sell my car since I want to keep it awhile longer, I'm just posting to share where my head is at on a price.

I really don't want to sell it until end of summer so I'll sit firm on this price and then ill market it a little more aggressively if I have to. I suspect I'll get my price locally, I only hope to sell to another Porsche enthusiast that knows this cars amazing characteristics! The R is special for sure and Im optimistic that prices will creep a little more by end of 2015.
Old 05-24-2015, 04:15 PM
clib
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 65 Posts

I picked mine up this winter. It was higher mileage at 45k but good color, pdk 1 owner with records no track use AND was Porsche Certified. I could not believe it was advertised at $47k. Checked out with independent PPI. I had seen none all fall/winter for less than 58k, and most set up the way i wanted had significant track use, and i missed several while looking.

I lucked out buying in winter in a cold climate and not a big R market. I put very few road miles on (my 993 is my daily driver, if that makes any sense) so didnt mind starting with a few more miles on it.
Old 05-31-2015, 02:22 PM
nrob
Track Day

i had a ppi done at Porsche dealer in Chicago. Overall, good car, mechanically excellent, straight frame. So, I ended up buying it. I got what I think is a decent price. Only issue is that I may need brakes soon. Not too big of a deal to me.

Thanks for all of the insight on this.

Quick Reply: cayman r prices and other stuff