Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacuum above gauges

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 02:52 PM
mdl04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum above gauges

How do you guys clean the dust above the gauge cluster but below the cowl?
Old 05-09-2014, 08:27 AM
mdl04
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so everyone has 1/8 " of dust?...lol
Old 05-09-2014, 01:40 PM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Small microfiber cloth, folded once, used like you would if you were polishing your shoes (grab both ends of the "polishing cloth", slide it into the space, pull back and forth. I've been doing this for years on other cars that have limited height between gauge tops and the shade/dash over the gauges.

gordon
Old 05-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 223 Posts

Once in a while I'll use a small shop vac with the brush nozzle to vacuum the dash and the nooks and crannies.

For the gages (the plastic over the gages) and other delicate surfaces I use a natural bristle soft paint brush -- that I use on nothing else and keep protected in a folder/envelop the brush came in when not in use and stored in the compartment of the driver's door -- to remove any dust from the gage plastic, stereo LCD and auto climate control LCD.

(BTW, that brush -- not the same one but one just like it which I store in my office desk drawer -- works well to remove dust that a desktop or laptop LCD accumulates and without scratching the surface or having to use some cleaner and touch the LCD surface.)

Once in a while I'll wipe down the steering wheel, the parking brake handle, the door grab handle, every surface I or a passenger touch with an unscented plain old handi-wipe. This removes the dust and grime and seems to be beneficial to the leather and plastic.

Quick Reply: Vacuum above gauges