Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric Help Near Elmhurst, IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Strassenrakete
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durametric Help Near Elmhurst, IL

I recently gave up the battle of replacing a failed TPMS sensor each year as my Boxster S has come out of hibernation and since I also got new aftermarket wheels this Spring, I decided to have Midwest Eurosport in Bensenville disable the TPMS system all together. After working on it for a couple hours they said they could not do so. They did not charge me for the failed attempt, thankfully, but they also are unsure why it didn't work. We verified they were following the right coding procedure and also the box in the front trunk was also disconnected.

Anybody near me with a Durametric pro that can help? Gladly compensate you for the time.

2007 Boxster S

Last edited by Strassenrakete; 04-25-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:57 PM
A432
Rennlist Member

Received 383 Likes on 224 Posts

I would code it for you but you're ~1500 miles away, and sorry, don't lend mine out because it's too easy to make a mistake in usage.

Just guessing there are many available with people willing to help in your local PCA chapter, maybe try posting in that region's section.

Something to be aware of when you recode with Durametric Pro, it is possible that by removing any module you will get a fault through

the DME checking for the module, ie. you may be better off recoding TPMS in the DME while leaving the module connected. If recoding with

module disconnected doesn't work, try reconnecting the module. Also, I have noticed that once you recode/reconnect the DME, it sometimes takes a stop-restart cycle to reset,

ie. if you recode with the module disconnected and it doesn't work after starting the car, turn the car off, key out, and restart and check.

If it still doesn't work, reconnect the module, recode the DME again, do another start, stop, key out, start and check.

This is why some people think the pax weight sensor/seat belt/airbag recode doesn't work.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Strassenrakete
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A432
I would code it for you but you're ~1500 miles away, and sorry, don't lend mine out because it's too easy to make a mistake in usage.

Just guessing there are many available with people willing to help in your local PCA chapter, maybe try posting in that region's section.

Something to be aware of when you recode with Durametric Pro, it is possible that by removing any module you will get a fault through the DME checking for the module, ie. you may be better off recoding TPMS in the DME while leaving the module connected. If recoding with module disconnected doesn't work, try reconnecting the module. Also, I have noticed that once you recode/reconnect the DME, it sometimes takes a stop-restart cycle to reset, ie. if you recode with the module disconnected and it doesn't work after starting the car, turn the car off, key out, and restart and check.

If it still doesn't work, reconnect the module, recode the DME again, do another start, stop, key out, start and check.

This is why some people think the pax weight sensor/seat belt/airbag recode doesn't work.

Understood. I am being told the shop has tried every way they can think of to handle it, but it would not "take". Hoping for somebody close that can take the time to go thru these steps to verify.

Quick Reply: Durametric Help Near Elmhurst, IL