Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)

New to Forum/Porsche World

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014 | 05:22 AM
Redux
1st Gear

Default New to Forum/Porsche World

Hello all,
Well I'm 21 and I have had a few years of driving now, I think it's time for a reward after saving up for a while. I was looking at a new Cayman S or a Boxster S? Problem is the options are expensive and I get nervous when I drive with a stick so that PDK is pricey.

Can't get something configured for $72,000, someone help me please? And are these reliable cars? Planning to keep them for atleast 5 years.
Old 04-02-2014 | 05:52 AM
terbiumactivated
Banned

My thoughts: At twenty one, if you find yourself vacuumed into street challenges or you take extreme risks on the back roads, you may want to get more seat time than you have in a less powerful car. The media seemed shocked that a CGT could hit 90 so fast but in truth every vehicle in the current offering including the two cars you are eyeing will hit 90 in a snap. OK lecture over, if you're buying anyway why not look for a demo or equivalent with PDK from a dealer? A few thousand miles can save you a ton and since you want an automatic, you need not worry about the clutch skills of the test drivers. Furthermore, you will be able to get the balance of a factory warranty. If you simply must have new drive the base, maybe it has what you want. Lastly, all cars can have problems, there is no acquisition void of risk. If you have the car maintained properly and treat it right it should return many miles of pleasurable driving.

Quick Reply: New to Forum/Porsche World