Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turning the large display OFF??? how???

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default turning the large display OFF??? how???

I find the large display in the center of the dash very annoying except when I want the map - Is there any way to turn it off while leaving the radio on? I hate to take a 1 month old car and open up the electronics to disable the backlight, but that is the only thing I've been able to come up with. Some other German cars recognize this issue and provide a display blanking switch - maybe that little diamond switch on the steering wheel can be programmed to do the trick?
Old 08-01-2013, 12:44 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

answering my own question - there is a tedious method - on the options display, select the PCA or whatever they call that big display, and one of the options is "display", choose that and the top option is to turn it off until you touch it - select that and then OK. it goes out until you answer the phone or something, then it comes back on and you have to turn it off again.

Has anyone found a better way?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

duct tape? I dont think you can turn it off.
Old 08-02-2013, 02:45 PM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

ha! that's funny. on the current year Mercedes you can turn their equivalent display off, and I frequently do so - there is a way that I posted, it's just much more tedious - I was hoping there was a simple way to do this. I'd love to have a switch in one of the unused slots by the PDK lever to select "display off" - it's very distracting particularly at night.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Mdgtrades
1st Gear

Originally Posted by william_b_noble
ha! that's funny. on the current year Mercedes you can turn their equivalent display off, and I frequently do so - there is a way that I posted, it's just much more tedious - I was hoping there was a simple way to do this. I'd love to have a switch in one of the unused slots by the PDK lever to select "display off" - it's very distracting particularly at night.
Press and hold the left ****.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:38 PM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

well, yes, that works, but it also turns off the radio. I just want to get rid of the distracting light when I don't need it - and that really bright red LED that is the door lock indicator too - that's got to go

Quick Reply: turning the large display OFF??? how???