Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 01:25 PM
TheDatanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by URG8RB8
Sorry to go off topic a bit, but I am looking at buying a E93 M3 convertible with M-DCT. After seeing two being dropped so quickly, I would like to know what you didn't like about the M3? I am moving back to Bay Area an want a convertible to go with my 951 project car. Any major issues? Feel free to PM me, thanks!
I got rid of my '09 E92 M3 mainly because I was a bit bored with it. I had been driving BMWs for about 15 years and the last three were M cars. I just wanted something different. And once the warranty expired at 4 years I didn't want to risk a large repair spend or she'll out the coin for BMW extended warranty.

With that said I never once had any issues with that car. It is indeed able to take very hard driving and that S65 engine is a jewel. In a way I regret selling it. Mine was a 6MT and the shifter was indeed balky at times. The 1-2 shift was always clumsy no matter how focused I was trying to get it right ... And I've driven manuals 31 years - NOT user error I assure you.

I'm really enjoying the cayman s and look forward to some good times with it. The only downside is the incessant sh*t I am getting at my office for having this car.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 PM
FullThrottle64
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDatanator
The only downside is the incessant sh*t I am getting at my office for having this car.
????
Old 08-01-2013, 08:22 PM
TheDatanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FullThrottle64

????
"You make too much money" "how can you afford that car" "must be nice"

Quick Reply: New Cayman S