Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Boxster S current value / pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 01:25 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

RMS is more of an inconvenience/hassle.

If you are going to address anything do the IMS Solution and "while you're in there" change the RMS.

in other words the rationale seems to be inverted.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Byprodriver
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche987
I have to respectfully disagree. The '05 will give you the most bang for the buck, especially an early 2005. It is true that until the IMSB was eliminated altogether, the early 2005s give you the next body style up from the 986 with additional power. True, later Boxsters give more power, but I was coming from a base 986, so my '05 987 feels like a rocket. Will it take a hit. Probably so, but who cares. Hopefully you buy it low none the less expecting the hit, like everything else as model years change. Just jry to get an early '05 for $20K or under. Not hard to do, but hard to beat. OK, if you want to be scared to drive a Porsche because of the IMSB issues, one should maybe buy something else. I still believe that the issue, although existent and catastrophic, will not be an issue for the most greater majority of Porsche owners out there. I send my oil out for analysis, and change it often and drive it as it should be driven. Just my .02 cents.
It seems you are confusingly agreeing with my point to help the OP with his opinion.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Porsche987
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodriver
It seems you are confusingly agreeing with my point to help the OP with his opinion.
You are probably right. I thought about it afterwards and came to that same conclusion. lol. One thing I know for sure, without any confusion, is that I do love my Boxster S. It is awesome.

Enjoy.

Steve

Quick Reply: 2005 Boxster S current value / pricing?