Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PSE issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:24 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 27 Posts
Default PSE issue

I recently noticed that the exhaust button to activate/deactivate PSE now appears to be nonfunctioning. The light goes on an off on the dash, but there is no sound difference between the two modes. I think the exhaust is stuck in the PSE on mode which is fine. However, I still want the functionality of turning it off. I am assuming a fuse is blown, yet the diagram for the box doesn't mention which fuse to replace. Anyone know? If not, I'll just bring it to the dealer, but if it is just a fuse like I am expecting, it isn't worth the effort for the $3 replacement part.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:53 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Subscribed.

For reference I noticed an odd noise on one of my drives which almost sounded like an air pump leaking. It happened immediately after I switched on the PSE. It didn't go away until I switched the PSE off and on again which makes me think the valve was stuck. It hasn't happened since so I haven't brought it in but I'm curious if this is what is happening on your Spyder Jon. Let us know the outcome.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Marine,
Thanks for the interest in my question. At first, I noticed a buzzing from the exhaust at low RPMs which has now disappeared. As for the diagram, there is a schematic near the fusebox. For whatever reason, everything seems to be labeled except for the PSE.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:38 PM
GT3 Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 86 Posts

Check the vacuum lines that are connected to the "switches" or valves on the mufflers. Maybe they came loose. Although I think then it might be stuck in the quiet mode but not sure.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Nut
Check the vacuum lines that are connected to the "switches" or valves on the mufflers. Maybe they came loose. Although I think then it might be stuck in the quiet mode but not sure.
Thanks for the suggestion and I will give it a look.

Quick Reply: PSE issue