Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi! First Post/Help Buying 987.2Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 09:13 PM
sweetpea
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi! First Post/Help Buying 987.2Boxster

Hi!
After 10 years of living without a car, I moved to CA 2 years ago and leased a BMW 328 convertible to test out if I liked driving with the top down - and guess what I'm hooked!

I am in the hunt for a CPO 987.2 Boxster base to be used as my daily driver in Northern CA. Must have: PDK and Automatic Climate Control.

Can you provide your opinions on

1) whether Bi-Xenons or Sports Chrono are necessary? I was thinking the Bi-Xenons would be helpful in the SF fog. And all the cars I've test have had the Sports Chrono package - but I wonder if its something I should hold out for in my filtering of potential cars to take home?

2) How do I find a PPI service to help me buy from afar? Is it imprudent to purchase the care unseen after a clean PPI?

3) Opinions on the following combos:
- 2010 CPO base Carrara White/Sand Beige in Sarasota, FL with 14,400 miles. This is an executive demo at the dealership with my must haves and Bi-Xenon, NAV and BOSE too. Does not have sports chrono package. Asking $46,495

- Is it crazy to consider a 2011 CPO with 29,500miles (Drk Blue/Sand Beige). No Bi-Xenons but has NAV and Sports Chrono package. Asking $43,500

- Meteor grey/light grey. 2010 with Bi-Xenon and Sport Chrono and Bose and 15,000 Miles for $39,900. I think this is the best compromise - I can live without navigation but I don't know that I can live with grey interior seats!

Thank you for your help in getting me into the perfect car!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Jim 'n' SC
Racer

I won't comment on the color combos because that's all about what you like not me. Unless you are going to track your car Sport Chrono is useless. Unless you do a lot of driving at night I wouldn't pay extra for Bi-Xenon headlights. Nav is a total waste of money as all smart phones have nav nowdays so why pay the over inflated price Porsche wants for it. Don't want Bose stereo as I like listening to the motor not the radio.

I'm on my third Boxster and the only options I think are worth paying extra for are heated seats, ventilated seats and premium wheels.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

Welcome to RL.

I have Xenons and I like it. I rarely drive at night, but when I do, I think it is worth it. The number one complaint about them on the forums, are the headlight washers, the way they look. Doesn't bother me.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:46 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Different people will have different opinions, obviously. For me, I love bi-xenon headlights with dynamic cornering. For me, worth the cost. However, the only relevant question is - is it worth the cost to you?

Quick Reply: Hi! First Post/Help Buying 987.2Boxster