Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Cayman S: Homelink not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Latency
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Cayman S: Homelink not working

Hi,

I just purchased a 2007 Cayman S. I've gone through the homelink "learning" steps about 10 times now. After putting the system into learning mode, I position my current open in front of the car, hold down the button, and the car's lights blink as they are supposed to.

But nothing happens when I try to open the garage door with the homelink button.

Is there anything I can check out before heading back to the dealership?

Thanks!
Reed
Old 09-04-2012, 04:17 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Having the same issue.

Subscribed
Old 09-04-2012, 05:00 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a similar situation a few years ago after getting a new car. I had to call up the garage door opener company and they walked me through the steps of getting it to work. I think I had overloaded the number or cars it would accept.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:47 PM
technivoro.us
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 21 Posts

I had the same issue, but coupled with two other issues - the passenger side window wouldn't go all the way up and the seat heaters didn't work.

I needed the dealer to re-run the "handover procedure" with the PWIS, which cleared up all three problems. Basically the ECU wasn't recognizing the seat heaters or homelink transmitter, and the microswitches in the window weren't calibrated right (despite re-running the procedure from the manual).
Old 09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Latency
Track Day

Thanks technivoro.us. The car goes in for service on Thursday. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 724 Likes on 396 Posts

Well, you only completed half the steps to program the homelink to the garage door opener.

You correctly performed the first step - programming the remote to the car.

Now you have to tell the garage door opener to recognize the car. There should be a 'learning' mode button on the opener, often under a small door or flap. On mine it's a red square button. Press that button, then go to the car and press the homelink button. The light on the garage door opener will flash when it is programmed. Press the homelink button again, and the door should close.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Latency
Track Day

Hi Ray,

I apologize; I didn't specify the full procedure. I *did* try to add homelink to the opener (just as you described). Nada. We'll see what Porsche service says.

Thanks for the reply!
LT
Old 10-07-2012, 04:22 AM
chrismillion
2nd Gear

Hey, wondering if you found the cause. My 06 isn't working, the led near the buttons never lights up...
Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 PM
desmo907
AutoX

I had trouble with my newly acquired 2006 S and read here and other sites many different ways to configure. I then read the vehicle instructions on the www.homelink.com web site and it worked (remote in front of car, etc.). My garage door opener is a 10 year old Sears Craftsman model.
Be sure to have the key in as well and turned to right.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
Latency
Track Day

Thanks for the info desmo907.

chismillion: I took the car in for service to my local Porsche dealer. There was an electronic fault that was preventing the pairing operation to complete correctly. They fixed the fault and the pairing worked on the first try. Might be worth it to have Porsche look at it - especially since the LEDs don't seem to be working.

Best,
LT
Old 10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
DogInBlack
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DogInBlack
Having the same issue.

Subscribed
Thanks for the tips. Works just like it should!
Old 10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Latency
Track Day

Update: I too took it in to Porsche and they verified that that Homelink was functioning correctly.

I finally ended up calling Homelink support directly and they were awesome about helping me. It turned out that there is an known issue with my Genie (1024 Pro) opener and the rep was able to help me work around it (I think we had to pair with the opener *3 times* in a row). If anyone is having trouble I'd really recommend calling Homelink directly.

Best,
LT
Old 12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
cristinapettitt
1st Gear

I have the same issue problem before. Thanks god for searching ideas and help of a friend I finally got working it out.

garage door repair dallas

Quick Reply: 2007 Cayman S: Homelink not working