Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 03:14 PM
NYC911
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker install

I recently picked up a used 09 boxster and purchased the PNP rear speaker kit. My car has the CDR-30 and sound package plus (no bose, no pcm). The directions that came with the speakers seem to be for MY2008 and older cars and not the 987.2. I am not sure where or how to hook the new speakers to the stereo. I found the ASK amp under the passenger sheet but don't know if i hook u to unused terminals based on a pinout I found for a 997 ASK amp or tap into existing speaker wires?
Also my head unit does not have any Fader function. Does this need to be activated somehow?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:22 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't help with the install, but can you do me a favor?

can you trace the brackets on a piece of paper and PM them to me? I want to make my own rear speaker kit, but would love to have the shape of the brackets.
Old 07-06-2012, 10:22 AM
radwansk
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spliced in directly behind the head unit rather than punching through the firewall. Speakers work fine. Also the color of the wires is different I found. Which taping into the head unit helped resolve. There won't be a fader to rear but you don't need it. The kit is meant to fill in the void and not be a stage onto itself.

Quick Reply: rear speaker install