Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Packing for a trip

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
wds928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Packing for a trip

My wife and I are packing for a drive from Virginia to Sea Island, GA for a wedding, then to Auburn, AL to see the son and daughter in law.

We have been on trips to the Outer Banks and to Columbus, OH and were able to fit our suitecase (carryone size) an Igloo ice chest and beach chairs.

I am shocked to find that I can fit two carry-on's in the front trunk, plus beach towels and my computer, plus golf clubs, a small cooler, shoes and a suit bag in the rear trunk.

I never though golf clubs would fit.

So leaving the 928 GTS at home won't be a problem.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:25 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When we picked up my wife's 2000 Boxster S in Stuttgart, we lived out of the car for 3 weeks... and that was with a spare in the front. They are surprisingly practical.

Have fun!
Old 06-01-2012, 06:55 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I've taken my Boxster S camping before, and managed to pack a giant tent, a queen sized air mattress, two folding chairs, two sleeping bags, and a weekend's worth of groceries... in the back. With plenty of room for a cooler and all our clothes/etc in the front. It's an amazingly practical car.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by wds928
My wife and I are packing for a drive from Virginia to Sea Island, GA for a wedding, then to Auburn, AL to see the son and daughter in law.

We have been on trips to the Outer Banks and to Columbus, OH and were able to fit our suitecase (carryone size) an Igloo ice chest and beach chairs.

I am shocked to find that I can fit two carry-on's in the front trunk, plus beach towels and my computer, plus golf clubs, a small cooler, shoes and a suit bag in the rear trunk.

I never though golf clubs would fit.

So leaving the 928 GTS at home won't be a problem.
The large cargo capacity of the Boxster helped tip the scales when I was looking at a Toyota MR2 vs. the Boxster.

Since I wanted a car to use as a DD and for long road trips having room to store -- out of sight -- luggage and other items (laptop, camera, etc.) I take with me on a trip was very important.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Macster
The large cargo capacity of the Boxster helped tip the scales when I was looking at a Toyota MR2 vs. the Boxster.

Since I wanted a car to use as a DD and for long road trips having room to store -- out of sight -- luggage and other items (laptop, camera, etc.) I take with me on a trip was very important.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Prior to the Boxster S, my DD was a 1988 MR2 SC. While I learned to live out of the MR2 for a long weekend, it took the 'right sized' everything (luggage, ice chests, etc). Coming from the MR2, the Boxster was amazing.

Compared to the Boxster, the RS is a huge step backwards in storage, especially the out-of-sight storage you mention. My Cayman should be better than the Boxster, but so far I'm not finding it as much better as it should be - maybe I have to worry about right-sizing things to get the benefit.

Quick Reply: Packing for a trip