Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Day!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:17 PM
its about time...
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day!!

I just drove my first DE and wow I have so much more respect for both the pro drivers and Porsche. what other car can you driver to the track, drive hard for 3 days, and drove home again with nothing more than additional brake and tire wear? Awsome!!

Is anyone using Conti ExtremeContact DW's on the track? just curious what pressures you're doing well with (compared to the doorjam numbers)? I haven't decided yet about going to track tires; I want to get some more seat time first.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
cvazquez
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used them solely for track events psi hot average 36-39.
cold on the track I add air on the 4 corners to 36 psi and when tire hot right after your run take out air and get tires at hot 36-39 psi and work hot psi up or down, as required.
When headed home, allow tires to get cold and inflate per Porsche recommendation.

Tire psi will depend on so many variables, so good look finding that perfect psi... and yes, the next day psi will most likely be different!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I change the pressure based on the wear patterns.

And yes, it is an incredible feeling to go to the track and begin to understand what these "daily drivers" can do. Amazing cars.
Old 07-14-2012, 01:02 AM
its about time...
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Road America rocks! Amazing what the pro's do - I saw Juan Montoya hit the apex at Canada exactly the same lap after lap after lap. I didn't hit the corner the same way twice in 2 days

Harry's Lap Timer worked well; I lost a few laps figuring it out, but I got most. Had a great 2 days there! Thanks to Edmund for the pix.
Attached Images    

Quick Reply: Track Day!!