Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Durametric cable and general questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:25 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Durametric cable and general questions

Just dumped the winter stored oil last week. No metal bits on the magnetic drain plug. I hooked up the new durametric cable to get rid of the annoying service now message and came up with some codes.
1. Communication gateway control unit. 987618 10904
2. Climatronic signal eror L,im_X. 99764512803
3.Porsche access limit air bag 8005 Terminal S valve below limit value.

Is anyone familar with these codes and where can you get additional information on the remedy. The annoying message can't be deleted until they are addressed.

Is it normal for these car to smoke slightly on start up for the first 2-3 minutes?

Also my DD was being service this week so I drove the 987 to wk all week. On the first day I actualy pulled over to remove my gym bag out of the rear trunk because I thought it was rattling. It wasn't the source. It sounds as if it is coming from the right rear and sound like the plastic wheel liner cound have been loose, but it is not. Haven't been able to get it on a lift, but has anyone encoutered a similar non metalic low decible thumping.

Also is it my immagination or do the 19" seem to flat spot after sitting for 12 hours and take 3-5 miles to true themselves up.
Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 AM
BostonDuce
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Durametric software has more work-arounds and patches than Ben Bernanke. Try Durametric first on the funky messages.

The smoke issue has numerous threads-it should be a sticky. FWIW, I see "smoke" on a 3.4L only during cool weather start ups-just like every other car I've owned. With my first water cooled Porsche, I'd start the car and jump to the back to inhale the smoke like some sort of expensive bong. I tried to detect some whiff of coolant or burning oil, but after multiple times (and strange looks for the neighbors) I became convinced my smoke was just water vapor. Of course, YMMV.

Flat spotting is dependent on tire make and model. I can attest that Goodyear F1 and Bridgestone tires I have on stored cars for 5-6 months at a time do not flat spot. My experience with Michelin tires is different

I had a similar mysterious noise. I traced it to the rear shell of the passenger seat being adjusted so it was only a few MM from the bottom of the roll bar cross brace. Even the slightest bump w/o a co-pilot knocked the seat against the bar. Moved the seat further forward and it's gone.

BD

Last edited by BostonDuce; 03-17-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Durametric cable and general questions