Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on purchase

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Vjgtrybno1
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on purchase

Hi all,
I did some unplanned body and suspension mods to my 944 a few weeks back. I was thinking about trading her in for a Cayman S in a year or so, but it looks like this plan might be hastened by my little off-road excursion. I plan to use the car as a DD with some DEs. I am in the C+ run group on the scale of A (advanced) to D (novice).

My spouse has asked me to go auto-tranny so she can join in the fun and until the pdk came out, I was hesitantant to consider it. But now, I am fine with that aspect. Therefore, I am going to focus on 2009-2011 model years.

What other options are desireable? Which are a waste of money? Thanks.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:38 PM
agu845
Intermediate

sport chrono is a plus with pdk
Old 12-24-2011, 03:08 PM
KS-CS
Racer

Agree with agu845 that if you are going to go with a PDK, then Sport Chrono is a must for the performance shift maps, launch control, etc. If you don't like a wart on the dash, or can't find a used car with SC on it, you can always add the SC function as a dealer installed option: Sport Mode Software

Though not an absolute necessity, PASM is nice (especially for a car that will be seeing time on the track or AX course) - if you can find a car with it; same goes for a LSD. The sport seats would be better than standard seats also, if you will be taking it to the track.

I don't know that there are any options that are a complete waste of money, though if I were ordering a car from the factory, I wouldn't bother with the rear wiper.

Quick Reply: Advice on purchase