Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suggestions on what to use to clean Sand Beige Leather...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 04:13 AM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 221 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Suggestions on what to use to clean Sand Beige Leather...

Hey all,

Looking for any suggestions or idea's on what I should use to clean my Sand Beige leather? In certain spots, I am starting to see some dirt in area's and I am hoping I can find something to remove all this or lift it from the surface.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:22 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Leather Masters Strong Cleaner is what I use and it works beautifully. I only use it as needed and this summer I used it to remove sunscreen from the surface of the leather. For regular maintenance I use damp Microfiber and just wipe down the surface.

When using the Leather Masters you will need to wet a sponge applicator, soak it with the cleaner and compress a few times until you create some suds. Wipe over the surface of the leather until the area is dampened with product. Use a leather brush and gently scrub the surface of the leather until it's clean. When finished just wipe the area with a barely damp microfiber and let it dry. Do one small area at a time.

It will look factory fresh when you're done.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I just put the Boxster away for winter hibernation last month. My routine is a diluted solution of Lexol Leather Cleaner (orange bottle), a quality leather cleaning brush (Detailers Domain) and finish with Zaino Z10 Leather Conditioner. After 6 driving seasons, and +48,000 miles, 99% top down, my sand beige full leather looks better than the day I took delivery in early 2006.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:10 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second Leather Master Strong. I like that it comes out foaming, so it doesn't run as much. No glossy residue, no sticky feeling, smells ok. After my bottle run out, I will try Lumiere's all natural leather cleaner. I also like Sonax's products, so I might give their leather cleaner a try.

I also dilute or use plain water to maintain the leather. You don't want to overuse the product.
Old 11-29-2011, 05:31 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Also, to keep sand beige leather looking great, be cognisant of dye transfer from things like blue jeans and leather belts.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on what to use to clean Sand Beige Leather...