Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Digital display problem in 2006 Cayman S

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
buck44
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital display problem in 2006 Cayman S

On the digital speedometer display (computer display), right on top of the "0" or whatever number is being displayed, there has now recently appeared a small wiggly line, almost like the tilde mark over the letter "n" in Spanish. It is visible as soon as the the electronics are turned on and remains visible while driving until until everything is turned off. I cannot find it in the owner's manual. Is this actually indicating something or is it a bad LCD, a bad display or something else? The car has just about 50,000 miles. Thank you for any help.

Buck in Staten Island
Old 11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Kcreager1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help with answering why this has happened, or what would fix it. However, if you decide you need a new cluster, I have one I would sell. I have a brand new yellow gauge cluster for a standard 2006 s. Yes, the gauge faces are factory yellow. Or, I have a used gauge cluster set (black) that is currently in my car.

If you have to replace yours,let me know. I bought the yellow cluster to install, but have not made it to the dealer to get it switched out...

Good luck

Quick Reply: Digital display problem in 2006 Cayman S