Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clearance of Front End RS60???????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 10:02 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Clearance of Front End RS60???????????

I am thinking hard about purchasing an RS60, I have a semi-steep driveway at the bottom. Can anyone measure the distance between the front spoiler and the ground, also the distance between the center of the wheel to the front of the car? I get that there are other factors, but this will give me an idea if it will be a major issue. Part of my issue is they have not put the final coat on the road due to it being New Construction so worst case I was thinking I can nail a 2X6 at the end until that is done.

My Shelby has 4 1/2 inches and makes it up, but I have to back down. I am guessing the lip hangs out more on the Mustang as well which would be a disadvantage.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Someone who has an owners manual handy might be able to double check, but a 2008 Boxster with the standard suspension has 4.0 inches of ground clearance, but the RS60 (and other cars that are also equipped with PASM) are 10mm lower.

I generally take any driveway that isn't flat at an angle, just to be on the safe side. Griots sells a set of rubber curb ramps to help prevent cars from scraping as they enter/exit a drive way. I don't know anyone who has used that product so I can't say if its good or bad, but I think its about $300.

Best regards,
Dino
Old 05-31-2011, 06:01 PM
MessyMarvin
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, I looked at it today and it was not well taken care of in my opinion. 24k miles and the front spoiler looked like it scraped a curb 20 plus times, it was scraped from one end to the other. It also had scratches in odd spots and the side brushed against something. Lifted the seats forward and it looked like they had not been cleaned ever behind.

I will keep looking.

Quick Reply: Clearance of Front End RS60???????????