Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great Customer Service From RaggTopp

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 07:43 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Great Customer Service From RaggTopp

I've had my 2006 Boxster S since new. It was a custom order. When it was a week old, I sprayed the top with 3 light coats of RaggTopp Protectant, for extra protection.

About every other year, prior to winter hibernation, I use the RaggTopp cleaner, and then in the Spring, prior to the driving season, I give the top another 3-4 fresh coats of Protectant. My cocoa top looks as good as new (better) after 5 years and 40,000 miles.

This past weekend I got ready to spray the top. The RaggTopp would not spray properly. I called RaggTopp on Monday morning, left a message, and they returned my call a few hours later. Fast forward to today (Wednesday) and they sent me out a new can and a bonus cleaner. Great customer service.

Sorry for making a short story long!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Good to hear. I have had occasional issues with RAGGTOP products. It's especially frustrating when you have masked off a car and have set up the time to do this--and then the product fails!!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Does the protectant change the way the top feels or looks? Is it really necessary on a car that is parked in a garage with cover? My Spyder won't see much rain and most of the time when I'm driving it the top is stored anyways so I'm wondering if I should be treating it or not.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 AM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Does the protectant change the way the top feels or looks? Is it really necessary on a car that is parked in a garage with cover? My Spyder won't see much rain and most of the time when I'm driving it the top is stored anyways so I'm wondering if I should be treating it or not.
Afshin, the Ragg Topp will not change the appearence of the top's current look or feel. Ragg Topp claims our tops left Germany with their coating on them. They are an OEM supplier.

You could add 2-3 light coats now, to be proactive, or just wait until your top stops beading water. Once it stops beading water, you know it's time.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
Afshin, the Ragg Topp will not change the appearence of the top's current look or feel. Ragg Topp claims our tops left Germany with their coating on them. They are an OEM supplier.

You could add 2-3 light coats now, to be proactive, or just wait until your top stops beading water. Once it stops beading water, you know it's time.
I had no idea the factory also used it. I'll pick some up later this summer and treat it. Cool thing is that I can put the top on the driveway and I won't need to tape anything off on the car.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Matt(inMA)
Not in MA anymore
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 130 Posts

I have had Ragg Topp spray can issues myself... it forced me to try Aerospace 303... holy cow is that product good. In my experience is lasts much longer and comes in a plastic pump spray bottle so no failures....

Best,

Matt

Quick Reply: Great Customer Service From RaggTopp