Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding tunes thru your porsche radio thru a Tomtom 720

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Doc Steve2
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding tunes thru your porsche radio thru a Tomtom 720

My 07 CS came with a Bose one CD system . I bought a Sansa accessory port / fm modulator but it doesn't work well with the passenger side port. Distance from the antenna maybe..

My solution turned out to be a Tomtom Go 720 GPS navigation system! this version (about $300. ) sits on a disc directly below the windscreen antenna. The tomtom has an SD card slot (in my case I used a 16GB SD card and loaded it with songs) and the unit uses an FM modulator to send songs on the SD card to the FM radio. I think because the unit is directly under the antenna (inches away) this is why it works so well. This tomtom unit will broadcast directions / hook to your bluetooth phone to talk hands free and play music from the SD card!!! I think it's very cool and relatively cheap for all it provides . While not quite CD quality it comes damn close. In Navigation mode sound is paused in music while turn instructions are given - then music restarts automatically. I now have thousands of songs and turn by turn instructions when I'm lost. Not all Tomtoms have this setup but the Go 720 does. Sure beats a lot of the expensive Ipod things out there..Just FYI if you have a need for music.

Quick Reply: Adding tunes thru your porsche radio thru a Tomtom 720