Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pressure/temp. gauge ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 09:51 PM
tim martin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure/temp. gauge ?

Hi all:

I have just over 500 miles on my 2010 s as of today.......the car is much better than I thought....the question: my 997 had both oil temp/oil pressure gauges and the cayman none...I would think that could be useful esp. if one is tracking their car........am I nuts? Tim
Old 07-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're not nuts - Porsche should drop the useless analog speedometer and add a couple of really useful gauges.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:37 PM
tim martin
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

has anyone come up with a good way to install said gauges in a convenient place? on the pillar? would certainly like to look as clean as possible......anyone?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:55 AM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 77 Posts

posed this question on Cayman Registry and no simple solution. I also spoke with the techs at our local dealership and the issue seems to be the sender. In the 2.9 engine Porsche does not use a standard threaded sender so adapting a "piggyback" sender to retain the information that goes to the computer as well as to aftermarket gauges may be a problem. They are trying to find a solution for me and if they do I will share it. As for mounting location I'm not a fan of the pods but someone suggested removing the clock from the sport chrono pod and installing a dual gauge there. Now to find a gauge that fits. I do miss oil pressure and oil temp readouts.

Quick Reply: oil pressure/temp. gauge ?