Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount for '10 CS demo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:37 AM
bah212
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Discount for '10 CS demo?

I am looking at a '10 CS that has been a dealer demo for 3 months and 600 miles. Initial offer from dlr is 9% off MSRP. Would appreciate suggestions on the "real market" value for such a car.

If we get into serious negotiations I will ask for a read-out of any over revs or service history if any but would grateful for other suggestions.
Thx
Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by bah212
I am looking at a '10 CS that has been a dealer demo for 3 months and 600 miles. Initial offer from dlr is 9% off MSRP. Would appreciate suggestions on the "real market" value for such a car.

If we get into serious negotiations I will ask for a read-out of any over revs or service history if any but would grateful for other suggestions.
Thx
9% discount for a "demo" seems a bit light to me. Has the car been registered? If so it is used and I think 9% definitely light. Warranty "clock" has been running all this time so you don't get the time but this is not the end of the world as the warranty should expire on miles not time.

Overrev readout good.

Check build date on door. If approaching 2 years insist on brake fluid flush/bleed, oil/filter service (I changed my 08 Cayman S's oil at 750 miles and glad I did. Oil in filter housing had a nice metallic sheen to it.)

Also, have car aligned as part of purchase agreement. My new (80 miles) Cayman S's alignment out.

Not sure how applicable these numbers are now, but I bought my 08 Cayman S in April of 08 discounted $12K from $62.6K to $50.6K. Car new, never registered, but had been "punched" a few months earlier but not enough time to worry me. I would have had the warranty expire on miles not time anyway.

More recently some dealers have been offering Cayman and Cayman S at pretty good discounts. I am traveling -- in Shasta CA today -- and don't have my ad clippings handy to quote from.

But I still think that 9% number a bit light. The '10's about to become 1 year old -- will be 1 year old as soon as '11's arrive which they are due to shortly, within a month or so and when the new models arrive the leftovers drop in value. Whether the dealer will sell them at a lower price to reflect this depends upon how well you research prices and how good you are at buying the car.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:30 PM
jjporsch43
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM me. Got one about a month ago-great deal.

John J SA Texas
010 Cayman S
010 WRX STI

Quick Reply: Discount for '10 CS demo?