Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dry day, but wet front right floor

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 11:53 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry day, but wet front right floor

Had the car out today for about an hour of driving, which include two periods down time for about an hour each. Sunny and about 85 degrees so the AC was on. I am thinking this is from the AC. The right side of the tunnel, the front foot well and foot well floor was wet enough to get the floor mat wet. When it was discovered the floor was wet, I also noticed the fan was on it's high setting. The car has not seen any heavy rain and minimal water is used during washes. I didn't see any boxster histories of this problem doing a search, but lots of 993 and 964's.

Anyone have or hear of a similar issue???????????? Thanks.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Macster
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by renvagn
Had the car out today for about an hour of driving, which include two periods down time for about an hour each. Sunny and about 85 degrees so the AC was on. I am thinking this is from the AC. The right side of the tunnel, the front foot well and foot well floor was wet enough to get the floor mat wet. When it was discovered the floor was wet, I also noticed the fan was on it's high setting. The car has not seen any heavy rain and minimal water is used during washes. I didn't see any boxster histories of this problem doing a search, but lots of 993 and 964's.

Anyone have or hear of a similar issue???????????? Thanks.
Always when moisture in cabin is found check the drains just to be sure. It doesn't take much wash water to fill up a plugged drain and possibly send water overflowing into the cabin.

If drains clear and show now signs of having any water back up problems then likely water is condensation from running AC.

You probably need to check the evaporator condensation catch basin/drain are free and no water is gathering in this area.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:46 PM
renvagn
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Macster,
I have had no luck in seeing the A/C evaporation basin/drain on the PET. Do you know where it is located? Also when I installed the cabin air filter I recal blowing out a drain hole on the passenger side, is there another site I may have missed that could lead H20 to the passenger floor? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Dry day, but wet front right floor