Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quaife ATB differential - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quaife ATB differential - opinions?

I wanted to get some general feedback from the people who actually have this differential installed in their Boxster and Cayman S cars. What does everyone think of this option so far?

We have been chatting with several of our customers recently about a different, more traditional ZF-Style differential, and have gained a better understanding of these cars and how they are handling during aggressive street, as well as track driving. Has anyone else noticed or experienced instability during deceleration, in conjunction with a plate type differential? I realize that is not my original question, I was simply curious if the ATB differential, while not normally suited to track driving, was able to address some of these issues?

It would seem to me that the Boxster and Cayman cars would be similar to other momentum cars, in the sense that momentum is your friend, and a plate type differential might actually impede the car's ability to maintain this momentum. Any thoughts on this?

As with any product there are typically good points and bad, I am curious to learn a bit more about where people are falling on this.

Thanks for checking this out, as well as for your comments.

Erik Johnson
GBox Performance Transaxles
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
www.gboxweb.com

Quick Reply: Quaife ATB differential - opinions?