Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some good news for s- owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some good news for s- owners

Hey there everyone,

I have some good news for Boxster S, and Cayman S owners.

In the past transaxle parts have not been available for these from Porsche. Well great news now. While they are still not available from Porsche, they are available now.

If you need your gearbox looked at or rebuilt, we can now help you. It took us awhile to find the parts but we finally have. Let me know if you need some help with this.

EVEN Better News...... OS Giken to make a NEW LSD for Cayman S and Boxster S gearboxes. We are sending in parts to get this into production and expect to see proven units shortly after the first of the year.

For those who do not know, run a search here on OS Giken, and I think you will appreciate just how nice this offering is going to be. I will keep you all apprised of the progress on this.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Old 10-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik@GBox
Hey there everyone,

I have some good news for Boxster S, and Cayman S owners.

In the past transaxle parts have not been available for these from Porsche. Well great news now. While they are still not available from Porsche, they are available now.

If you need your gearbox looked at or rebuilt, we can now help you. It took us awhile to find the parts but we finally have. Let me know if you need some help with this.

EVEN Better News...... OS Giken to make a NEW LSD for Cayman S and Boxster S gearboxes. We are sending in parts to get this into production and expect to see proven units shortly after the first of the year.

For those who do not know, run a search here on OS Giken, and I think you will appreciate just how nice this offering is going to be. I will keep you all apprised of the progress on this.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Hi Erik,
Will this be for 987-S only or also for 986-S too?
Old 10-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

Rebuild parts are available for both now, however the new OS Giken differential is for the 987 gearbox.

Thanks for the question.

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell
Old 10-23-2009, 02:05 AM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Erik, ball park $ figure for LSD on a PDK?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Erik@GBox
Former Vendor

pdxjim - currently the only way to get the PDK with a LSD would be purchase a transaxle that has LSD already installed in it. Porsche has not released this differential as a stand alone unit for upgrade and install into a non-PDK gearbox. Also to date there are no LSD's currently available. I would unfortunately not anticipate one of these in the near future, as these gearboxes are fairly expensive to purchase still. It would be something that we could certainly have made but we would need to have a complete gearbox to send into OS Giken so that they could work one up for everyone.

I wish I had some better news for you on this front, but I will try to keep my eyes open for a cost effective unit perhaps from a damaged car.

Warmest Regards,

Erik Johnson
GBox Sales Manager
(303) 440-8899 work
(303) 895-4828 cell

Quick Reply: Some good news for s- owners