Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of new CF wing...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

pretty cheap, under 1k
Old 10-21-2009, 08:05 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice Spoiler. I use the one that comes with the Aero pack to run Stock and this new one (TechArt) to run Prepared:

Old 10-21-2009, 03:16 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was and possibly will go with the larger wing as I love them. I thought however for this car it looked a little overpowering and also afraid with limited hp how much it would help downforce vs take off top end.
also a wing like that needs balanced with a proper splitter in the front and for a street car those front lips rip off pretty quick
CG saw your car run at the PCA club race, some of my buddies behind you couldnt believe how fast your car is!! congrats on a great car and great set up, good role model!!
I will be running at Daytona this weekend with PBOC hope to see ya there??
Old 10-21-2009, 07:14 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
I was and possibly will go with the larger wing as I love them. I thought however for this car it looked a little overpowering and also afraid with limited hp how much it would help downforce vs take off top end.
also a wing like that needs balanced with a proper splitter in the front and for a street car those front lips rip off pretty quick
CG saw your car run at the PCA club race, some of my buddies behind you couldnt believe how fast your car is!! congrats on a great car and great set up, good role model!!
I will be running at Daytona this weekend with PBOC hope to see ya there??
Thanks! Unfortunately won't be running PBOC, back in the Ice Cold NY at work in real life
The Cayman is a great platform, apex speed is significantly faster than 911s, and puts the power down well too. My car is almost 3200#s with driver, imagine with less weight the possibilities!
I did some tests with the Wing/No Wing. Check this other post (I will post the Sprint 2 and Enduro vids later):

https://rennlist.com/forums/racing-a...e-weekend.html

Will be back in FL at Sebring in February for the PCA race. Another great track to check the box...
Old 10-30-2009, 07:18 PM
qirex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey doc, hows ur SVR (all veined up!!)

congrats on the cay!

Quick Reply: Pics of new CF wing...